This book has money saving tips on everything travel, from:
• Getting cheaper flights
• Saving on car rentals
• Paying less for your hotel room
• Getting the most for your money on cruises, package tours, etc
• How not to get burned exchanging money
• A roundup of the best money-saving travel websites and smartphone apps
If you buy this book, you’ll find practical, usable tips, such as:
# 1 Save big on flights with the no-change-fees strategy
#24 Reserve a car on a Friday before 2PM
#62 Kids & 3rd / 4th passenger cruise discounts
#81 Ask your bank to buy back your currency at the rate you purchased it
Who is this guy with all these money saving travel tips? I’m Daniel Davidson and I’ve been traveling the world for over 20 years. I’ve visited 40 countries so far. I’ve got 3 kids and I’m a broke travel writer. I have to know how to travel cheaply, or I’m not making it back! Seriously, I’ve packed in two decades of experience in this book that will help you stop the sucking sound you hear when opening your wallet on the road.
In this book, I’m not going to tell you to use frequent flyer miles as one of my tips. That’s too obvious. The strategies in this book are hard-fought ones that will save you gobs of cash, like...
#83 Sim only cell phone contracts
#87 Tax refunds
#91 iPhone app that give you restaurant discounts based on your current location
This book is usable by adventure travelers, business travelers, family trips, you name it. If you’re going on vacation, backpacking, camping, or a business trip, this book will pay for itself the first time you use it.
• Chapter 1, Saving On Flights
• Chapter 2, Saving On Car Rentals
• Chapter 3, Saving On Trains
• Chapter 4, Saving On Lodging
• Chapter 5, Saving On Cruises
• Chapter 6, Package Tours
• Chapter 7, Exchanging Money
• Chapter 8, Use Technology
• Chapter 9, Other $$ Saving Travel Tips
• Chapter 10, Travel Negotiation Skills
As a special bonus, I’ve also included a section on negotiation skills for travelers. Most of us don’t like haggling, as it feels too much like confrontation. You can actually approach it as a game. All you need is some fortitude and the right questions to ask. This bonus chapter puts you in the driver’s seat when negotiating the price of your next room, Turkish carpet, even car rental.
Buy this book! You’ll love saving money on your next trip.