This is the cookbook Spain's households have used over the past several decades for their everyday cooking.
It shares with books like The Joy of Cooking in the US, The Silver Spoon in Italy, and Je sais cuisiner and Recettes Faciles in France that:
- It's been around for a long time
- It has sold literally millions of copies over the years
- Recipes are consistently reliable (actually work, that is the reason of their long-time success), even if some times you can find better ones in other books
- Recipes tend to be simple (as I said, for everyday cooking)
- The design is somewhat sober and the book includes few pictures
Although 1080 Recetas de Cocina contains many Spanish recipes, is not a book specifically on Spanish cuisine, but it aims to contain most of the dishes normally made in Spanish homes, even if some are not originally Spanish. Some foreign dishes are adapted to Spanish taste (e.g. Italian pasta is not normally eaten in Spain "al dente", but a little softer).