- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
21st-Century Learning in School Libraries Paperback – Oct 27 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Eleven thematic chapters cover 21st-century learning standards, 21st-century learners, envisioning a vibrant library media program, the 21st-century school library media specialist, reading, inquiry-based teaching and learning, assessment, collaboration between library media specialists and classroom teachers, creating a toolkit of instructions strategies, and sample elementary and secondary lesson plans. Suitable for use in preservice classes, in practitioner study groups, or as a reference for individuals." - Reference & Research Book News
"This is an excellent starting point for examining AASL's standards and provides a solid basis for library-school and in-service offerings. Current school librarians will probably want to pick and choose chapters to read." - Booklist
"This is a heavy-weight that deserves reading. Not only does it present strategies that allow for full use of the new AASL standards, it is a collection of many of the field's best thinkers talking about the need and use of these new standards and 21st century learning. . . . This is a good reference for why and how to use standards effectively. Not a cover-to-cover read, it is a compendium of ideas and thoughts useful to school libraries." - Teacher Librarian
"The book is equally useful as a textbook or as a guide for those already in the school library." - School Library Journal
About the Author
Kristin Fontichiaro is clinical assistant professor at the University of Michigan's School of Information, Ann Arbor.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Curricula
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Professional Development
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reference
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Library & Information Science > School Libraries
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Curriculum & Instruction
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Library & Information Science