I'm not really commenting on the actual film itself but they Blu-ray and features. First though, I've recently realized that many Blu-ray movies have multiple releases, ex. a Canadian and American release, and obviously other regions like Australia or Japan.
What's confusing is, if you are a Canadian consumer, we generally have two or more choices of Blu-ray movies to choose from of the same movie (with slight to noticeable price differences) when ordering through Amazon (this movie has two, and many others also). What I've learned is that the Canadian releases tend to be somewhat lacking in special features, typically they have very little to none, while the American releases include the extra stuff (check "Requiem For A Dream" for example). I've also read that the Canadian transfers are not as good as the American ones (but I haven't personally compared any).
The difference between this Blu-ray and the other "28 Weeks Later" Blu-ray listed (from what I can see) is that this one has English text only on the front while the other has English and French text. I'm not sure about the special features on the other Blu-ray, but this version includes:
- Commentary by Director/Co-Writer Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Co-Producer Enrique López-Lavinge
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Enrique López-Lavinge
- Code Red: The Making Of 28 Weeks Later Featurette
- The Infected Featurette
- Getting Into the Action Featurette
- Two Animated Chapters from 28 Days Later: The Aftermath
- Video: AVC @ 37 MBPS - 2007/Color 100 Minutes - Widescreen 1.85:1 - 50GB Dual Layer
- Audio: English DTS HD 5.1 Master Lossless Audio - Spanish 5.1 Dolby Surround - French 5.1 Dolby Surround - Subtitled in: Spanish, English, Cantonese, and Korean
The PQ and AQ are both great, no complaints there. There's definitely more than enough bonus features to keep you busy. This film and "28 Days Later" are worth getting if you are a fan of zombie flicks or just looking for some decent movies to add to your collection.
And remember, if you get confused when looking at which Blu-ray to order, either do research on the Blu-ray you're looking at or generally, the cheaper movie is lacking in bonus features.
Thanks for reading!