Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|3. Girl Talk|
|5. In Your Arms Tonight|
|6. Over Me|
|7. Hands Up|
|9. Dirty Dirty|
|10. So So Dumb|
|11. Good Love|
|12. Hey Hey Hey Hey|
|13. Give It To Me While It|
Posthumously released albums are always kind of creepy. Certain, probably innocent references suddenly take on prescient overtones. Or, in the case of TLC's fourth, 3D--issued mere months after the accidental death of rapper Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes--we're given a dreary reminder of what might have been. 3D artfully completes TLC's transformation from colorful, freewheeling fashion criminals to confident, elegant R&B divas, albeit divas with attitude and a palpable sense of humor. That's most evident in the sassy, hip-shaking classroom send-up "Quickie," where a droning schoolmarm lectures her pupils on the fine art of pulling a fast one. "Quickie" is a bit of an anomaly, though, as the majority of 3D finds the trio navigating smooth, melodic midtempo songs about love, empowerment, and that rare space in between. The women have never sounded better. As with their classic CrazySexyCool disc, TLC deftly blend soul, hip-hop, faux-gospel, pop, and consistently smart lyrics. "Turntable" is an irresistible ode to positive thinking that should be an anthem for the downtrodden everywhere. That such a hopeful message arrives on the heels of Lopes's untimely death makes 3D that much more compelling. --Kim Hughes
Top Customer Reviews
Although the music isn't as good as the music on CrazySexyCool or FanMail, it is still better than most of the R&B out there right now. "Quickie" is classic TLC. "Girl Talk" should have been a bigger hit, and "Damaged" ranks right up there with the classic "Unpretty". TLC works with a large variety of producers, and each one brings something good to the table. I especially love "Dirty Dirty", which features the always reliable Missy Elliott.
This was a good album for TLC to end things on.Read more ›
TLC are never boring and this album is worth getting, regardless of whether you're a hardcore fan or not. There is a lot that is great about this album and I could argue it is one of the best from 2002, so please don't dismiss it.
02. Quickie - 8/10 (Good song, kind of annoying after awhile. But the beat's very original)
03. Girl Talk - 8.5/10 (Great track, too generic to be a first TLC single)
04. Turntable - 8.5/10 (Great song, Chilli's vocals are amazing. Kind of poppy)
05. In Your Arms Tonight - 7/10 (Nice melody in the verses and bridge, but boring and repetitive. The beat is too Neptunes and gets rather annoying)
06. Over Me - 8/10 (Generic song, but it's still good. Rodney's beat is pretty unoriginal)
07. Hands Up - 9/10 (Amazing song, has originality, awesome vocals, the lyrics are lagging)
08. Damaged - 10/10 (The best song on the album, perfect harmony, melody, and it's just amazing)
09. Dirty Dirty - 6.5/10 (One of my least favorite songs. The lyrics and vocals are nice, but the beat is very annoying. It gets boring in the last minute as well)
10. So So Dumb - 10/10 (The 2nd best song on 3D. It tells a wonderful story and Raphael Saadiq makes this a standout and original track)
11. Good Love - 6.5/10 (It could have been nice, but the last minute and a half is just boring repetition of the chorus. Definition of filler)
12. Hey Hey Hey Hey - 8/10 (Rodney Jerkin's beat is actually original on this song. It's a great track, but needs a Lisa rap because the extra choruses at the end make it almost filler song)
13. Give it to Me While it's Hot - 8.5/10 (Great beat, great melody, great sex song. Lisa's rap doesn't fit at all)
14. Get Away - 8.5/10 (Nice 80's style song with good lyrics and nice vocals) *Japanese Bonus Track
15. Who's it Gonna Be? - 8/10 (Good bonus track. Not an album highlight. Rodney's beat is pretty generic, but Tionne's vocals are great.Read more ›
3D- the intro song into the album. One of the best tracks from the CD. It talks about being there for one another, an what TLC is all about.
Quickie- Bringin' back the Oooooh... days, TLC make sex and breaking up sound like fun. This is the classic TLC we all know.
Girl Talk- The biggest hit from the CD- the reason I bought this album. It gives 3D it's own sound, and it's basically saying, "If you're going to have sex, do it right."
Turntable- TLC's most inspirational track ever. It is comforting, and it let me know that GOD would lift me up through all the struggle.
In Your Arms Tonight- Tionne and Rozonda have a unique blend in this song, and it's interesting how the vocals and bg mix. Plus, Pharell sounds like he coulda been the male member of TLC lol
Over Me- An angry kiss of, with one of Left Eye's most angry raps, directed at Andre' Rison.
Hands Up- This was a single from 3D, it's a pretty decent song, but it's just not single matiriel. It was a flop on the radio, but it spun a creative video.
Damaged- My favorite song of ALL TIME. Another song which explores the new sound of 3D, which shows that the girls are even better rockers than they are hip hoppers. It's a very inspirational song with a heart touching video. The other big hit from the album.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
love it. Listen to it almost everyday. Every TLC fan should have this album. It`s an cool and smooth love it.Published on Jan. 23 2014 by Trust love
I've always been a fan of TLC, but never fully looked into their last album. Boy, I wish I would've discovered this body of music a long time ago! It's good!Published on Dec 20 2013 by Julian LeBlanc
While I was never a TLC fan I did support the songs that I like form the group. I got this CD because I love the first single which was blazing. Read morePublished on July 1 2004 by SlimD
I am a TLC fan but this one was the weakest of all their releases. The only songs I liked was "Girl Talk", "Your Arms Tonight", "Damaged" and that one... Read morePublished on May 31 2004 by Ervin Griffin
TLC has always been 3D regardless if they need to name
an album using the name. After the death of Lisa TLC is here with "3D" proving to everyone that Girl Power still... Read more
I love TLC, but this is by far their worst album. This CD lacks the diversity & flavor that Ooh...on the TLC tip, CrazySexyCool, and Fanmail had. Read morePublished on March 6 2004 by The Idle Receptionist
The first single "Girl talk" might deceive you - this album is better than you might think. "3D" already gives a good start to the album. It's fresh and modern. Read morePublished on Jan. 22 2004 by Sinitta
TLC 3D has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. This album should have been huge! If you want to get your jam on this is the cd. Read morePublished on Dec 18 2003 by Eric
knowing left eye is gone this cd sucks there only 3-5 songs with left eye in the other without her dont get me wrong they have great vocies but tlc ant tlc without left eyePublished on Oct. 12 2003 by randy