- This item qualifies for the Back to Business Office Supplies event: Save 20% on purchases of qualifying products. This discount will be applied at checkout with the message "Event Discount". Here's how (restrictions apply)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 11.59 shipping
+ CDN$ 7.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
3M Ergonomic Mouse, Large, (EM500GPL)
|Price:||CDN$ 87.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation for its patented, vertical grip design.
- Optical sensor and USB/PS2 plug and play capacity.
- Unique design keeps wrist and hands at a neutral position.
- It has earned an Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation for its patented, vertical grip design that keeps your hand and wrist at a neutral angle, while the mouse works as a regular optical mouse
- Grip the handle and rest your hand on the base
- Use your thumb to left and right click
- Optical sensor, USB/PS2 plug and play compatibility
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Amazon.ca Product Description
3M Mousing Solutions
EM500 Ergonomic Mouse
This ergonomic mouse is clinically proven to alleviate pain and discomfort of repetitive stress injuries in the hand, wrist, or arm associated with the use of traditional mice, which can pronate the forearm and wrist and typically presses the wrist and carpal tunnel area against the desk.
The 3M Ergonomic Mouse's vertical grip design helps keep your hand and wrist at a neutral angle, while the mouse works as a regular optical mouse. Grip the handle and rest your hand on the base. Use your thumb to left and right click.
- Right-handed use only
- LED optical sensor
- USB plug and play compatibility
- 6.5 foot cord
From the Manufacturer
The 3M Ergonomic Optical Mouse is clinically proven to reduce muscle strain and discomfort associated with carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive stress injury. Its unique design places your mousing hand, wrist and arm in a more ergonomic position compared to a standard mouse. Comes in two sizes for more comfortable mousing.
- Innovative vertical design keeps the arm in a comfortable, more neutral and natural "handshake" position
- Uses larger muscles to move mouse, reducing risk of discomfort
- Left and right click functions using the thumb button on the top of the vertical grip
- Easy electronic scrolling function reduces scrolling to a single click (PC model only)
- Available in two sizes: small/medium and large
- Included software provides user with option for daily ergonomic tips
- Easy installation
- USB connector with PS/2 adapter
- Compatible with PC, Macintosh, and iMac computers with USB ports
- Includes a two year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Operates using Windows 95, 98, 2000 and NT 4.0
- Works with the new G4 Apple Power Macintosh Computer with USB port. Plug and play only. No software support.
- Works with iMac and eBook computers and compatible with USB support
- Operates using Apple O/S 8.1 or higher with USB upgrades. Plug and play only. No software support.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The first time I got it, I thought I was going crazy. My fingers started to cramp up and it hurt to click the mouse. Being left handed I switched right and within a month I couldn't touch the dang mouse without pain.
For a lifetime computer user, it was almost worse that the post polio syndrome.
Stopping, resting, operations - none of those things work. The problem is the rapid repetition with the hand turned 90 degrees. My fingers are tingling as I type since I wrote all day.
The solution is an ergonomic keyboard and the 3M mouse. The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 is as good as any. There are some $200 to $600 keyboards that people swear by. I like this one and I'm too cheap to put out more than $100.
The real key to carpal tunnel is the 3M mouse. When your hand grips a regular mouse and you click, the nerve passing through the carpal tunnel is pinched because the wrist is twisted 90 degrees. Withe the 3M mouse, the wrist is straight with the arm and elbow.
The palm rests on the base the the rest is pure pleasure. In more than four years of use, my carpal tunnel has never come back. I keep a Microsoft mouse on the left but it still hurts to use it. The 3M mouse comes in two sizes, medium and large. Don't buy the wireless one - it is hateful. The cord also keeps the mouse on the desk. I broke a cordless one when it fell to the floor.
I bought mine for $79 from a specialty shop I found with Google. Amazon.ca is selling them now. I wish Staples did as well but they don't. At least Amazon.ca has free freight.
There is a good overview of carpal tunnel on ComputerWorld that takes the standard route to a cure. The carpal tunnel survival guide [...]
One has to examine why exactly they need this. If you have wrist pain alone, this helps, but for me it caused arm/shoulder pain in the few hours I used it.
Most recent customer reviews
Helped a lot of the pain I was having in my hands and around my forearm and elbow.Published 13 months ago by Stuart Bodie
I would not recommend anyone buying this if you have any wrist issues. I would have returned it, unfortunately I lost the packaging it came in. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Manpreet