- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
3ds Max 9 Bible Paperback – Jan 30 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"An excellent book for beginners as well as advanced 3ds Max users. A valuable reference that covers everything you'd want to know."
—Andre Surya, Award-winning Digital Artist
A favorite of 3ds Max artists from beginners to pros!
Why is 3ds Max Bible a perennial bestselling favorite? Because whether you're a beginner looking for a tutorial to get you up to speed your first day or an expert needing a reference to Max's advanced features, it's all here. Loaded with advice, professional tips, and more than 150 step-by-step lessons, this is the most comprehensive reference-tutorial on 3ds Max on the market, and the one you'll turn to again and again.
- Organize and blend sequences with the new Animation Layers feature
- Explore Sun and Sky, Car Paint, and other new mental ray shaders
- Combine and divide objects with ProBoolean and ProCutter
- Create more accurate dynamic animations with updated reactor tools
- Add greater realism with enhanced and integrated hair and fur tools
- Reference objects, materials, and controllers with XRef
Animate a dancing cartoon moose
Isolate mapping surfaces with the Quick Planar map button
Add realistic motion to your model's hairstyle
What's on the DVD?
You'll find before-and-after example files for every tutorial in the book. The DVD also includes:
- Models and textures to customize for your own designs
- Rendered AVI files of animations used in the tutorials
- All the Max files for every tutorial
- Adobe tryout versions of After Effects®, Photoshop® CS2, Illustrator® CS2, and Premiere Pro
System Requirements: See the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
About the Author
With a background in engineering and computer graphics, Kelly has been all over the 3D industry and still finds it fascinating. He’s used high-level CAD workstations for product design and analysis, completed several large-scale visualization projects, created 3D models for feature films and games, worked as a freelance 3D artist, and even done some 3D programming. Kelly’s been using 3D Studio since version 3 for DOS. Kelly has also branched into training others in 3D technologies and is a frequent speaker at various conferences.
In his spare time, Kelly enjoys the outdoors while rock climbing, mountain biking, or skiing. He works at the design company he co-founded with his brother Chris, Logical Paradox Design.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Although I now have accquired the skills that is taught in this book I still use it as a reference when I'm stuck.
I'm a 13 year old male living in Perth, Australia.
Perfect for those who know what they're doing to polish up on techniques and improvements to previous versions as well as complete beginners. The tutorials and images in the book give the reader step by step instructions.
All in all if you are serious enough to invest in 3ds Max 9 in the first place then this book is exactly what you need. Most of the others just help with conceptual work, not particularly useful if you already know what you want to do, this book WILL help you.