The contributors each share one rule they think is critical to succeed in product management based on their hands-on product management and product marketing experience with companies such as Apple, eBay, Intuit, SAP, and Yahoo!.
Packed with pearls of product management wisdom, this book has something for everyone. You will learn:
- How to focus on market needs, not just individual requests
- How to clarify your product positioning before your next big decision
- How to align your product strategy with company strategy – and then sell it
- Why agility is the key to product management success
- Why great execution trumps a great product idea
Best of all, it was written with the busy product manager in mind. Each rule is kept to two pages and designed to stand-on its own. The rules can be read in any order. In less than five minutes a day, you can learn from forty of the best product managers in the world. Whether you are a seasoned and experienced product manager or are just starting out, the 42 Rules of Product Management will help you lead with greater effectiveness and influence.