This is the 11th Lark jewelry books I've bought. I have the 500 series and even a 1000 book too. Each has their own flair based on who has curated the collection. This collection is interesting in that the juror has picked a lot of cutting edge and progressive pieces. I have to say I don't agree 100% with her picks. Some artists make to satisfy their customers, some make for themselves, some make for other artists. A lot of the pieces included are, dare I say, ugly. They feature silver in unconventional ways, true, but not necessarily beautiful ways. A lot of pieces look deconstructed, which makes for a cool coffee-table book, but as a jewelry artist, this kind of work is not the most inspiring to me. I would say about 10% of the pieces are truly beautiful and a marvel of technique, composition, skill and finesse. The other 90% in my humble opinion are barely wearable, not recognizable as jewelry (or silver) and not very attractive. I think pieces can be cutting edge, but can't they be beautiful, too? I'm all for making art for art's sake, but many of these pieces were hard to visually connect with, some hard to emotionally or intellectually connect with as well. The piece on the cover fits exactly into that 10% I'm talking about- gorgeous, technique-savvy, and appealing. Most of the other pieces are not, in my opinion. Not sure I'd recommend the book, but it was very reasonably-priced, so I went for it. I did get some great ideas in looking at the 10% gorgeous examples, but was kind of disappointed with the other choices.