Installed in a P193 Case
- The +12v rails have been stable so far
- Relatively low noise, low T at idle
- cable length is nice
- Solid pricing, although the CP-850 is a better deal if you can do without the extra wattage.
- NOT A kW PSU, 840W on the +12v rails, to get to a kW you have to use each voltage equally. By Comparison, the Corsair TX solution (their lower-cost solution in fact, compared to their HX series) generally has a +12v rail within 20-40W of the rated value. The +12v rail is by far the most relevant power source, so calling it a kW PSU is a trick that really shouldn't fool anyone. I knew this buying it, but it's still something buyer's should be aware of.
- occasionally a whiney, high-pitched noise, unsure of source
- Would MUCH rather at single +12v rail, the FAQ on Antec's website pushes this as a more stable solution (4 rails), but what they mean is an easier-to-make-more-stable solution, the Corsair TX-series has perfectly stable single +12v rails, at similar price points, just check out reviews.
Overall I'm happy with it, but unless you need the extra 70W I see no reason to recommend it over the TX750.