- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
A Gentle Introduction to Game Theory Paperback – Jan 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book is an excellent introduction to the mathematical aspects of game theory for beginners without a background in calculus. -- Journal of Mathematical Psychology
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In any case, I used this book as a resource in a discrete math class for teenaged students who were extremely interested in math. It was intended for non-math majors in college, but I think it would work very well as enrichment in the high school classroom (or even middle school -- one can use it in developing an application for algebra). After learning the rudiments of game theory, I thought to apply the concept to =The Weakest Link=, and found that, as a game, it is far more complicated than what you'll find in this book.
Still, this is just a starting point. There are plenty of avenues to explore beyond what is covered in here, but one can get bogged down with all the different types of situations that have been treated in game theory.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Evolution
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Game Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics