First let me start off by saying that I have both the PC and PS3 versions.
And I can tell you that the console version is so much better than its PC counterpart.
Here are a couple of reasons why:
- No "always online" requirement.
- No "auction houses" (Thank God)
- Online play, of course, but also up to 4 player local cooperative play. (Which is awesome!)
- Controls! Blizzard did a great job of converting the mouse and keyboard to controller.
- Much better loot system, less junk and drops are a bit more tailored to the class you're playing.
Overall Diablo III is a great gaming experience. It has a compelling story, great gameplay and a lot of replay value.
So if you skipped the PC version because of all the bad press, well I think taking another look at the console version is definitely worth it.