Navigate worry-free with the PN-60w's high-end GPS features and unrivaled selection of maps, aerial imagery and boating charts. The PN-60w also enables 2-way satellite text messaging and interactive SOS when wirelessly paired with a DeLorme inReach (sold separately). No other GPS offers such a broad array of navigation and communication solutions. Navigation: Find your way with included Topo North America maps of the USA and Canada. Use the free MapPack subscription to add official USGS and Canada government topo detail, U.S. aerial imagery, and NOAA nautical charts. See your position, insert waypoints, and collect tracks with accuracy to within 10 -Feet. View cutaway elevation profiles with your position pinpointed. Generate road and trail routes automatically on Topo North America for transfer to the PN-60w, and use PN-60w routing function to create "on the fly" road routes. Communication: With the DeLorme inReach satellite communicator (not included), take advantage of exclusive 2-way satellite text messaging, SOS functions and GPS tracking. Stay connected wherever you go, on land or water, from pole to pole. Premium GPS features: High-sensitivity 32-channel chipset and dual-core processor. Determine direction while stationary with tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass. Determine precise elevations with sensitive barometric altimeter. Save waypoints and tracks as gpx files, to internal memory or to SD cards, with no finite limits. Store all the maps and aerial imagery you need with 3.5 GB of internal memory and support for SD cards up to 32 GB. Stretch battery life with multiple power management features.
Rugged, Reliable GPS with Maps Included
Navigate worry-free anywhere you go with the waterproof, impact-resistant Earthmate PN-60w. Its high-end GPS features and unrivaled selection of included maps, aerial imagery, and boating charts are ideally suited for use on land or water.
The PN-60w also enables 2-way satellite text messaging and interactive SOS when paired with a DeLorme inReach (sold separately).
No other GPS offers such a broad array of navigation and communication solutions.
Premium GPS Features
- Daylight readable 65k color screen lets you read the PN-60w in any light conditions
- Determine direction while stationary with tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass
- Determine precise elevations with sensitive barometric altimeter
- Save waypoints and tracks as .gpx files, to internal memory or to SD cards, with no finite limits
- Store all the maps and aerial imagery you need with 3.5 GB of internal memory and support for SD cards up to 32 GB
- Extend battery life with power management features
- Enjoy blazing-fast-performance with high-sensitivity 32-channel chipset and dual-core processor
- Find your way with included Topo North America maps of the U.S. and Canada
- Use the free MapPack subscription to add official USGS and Canada government topo detail, U.S. aerial imagery, and NOAA nautical charts
- Enjoy WAAS-enabled accuracy to within 10 ft.
- View cutaway elevation profiles with your position pinpointed
- Generate road and trail routes automatically on the included Topo North America software for transfer to the PN-60w
- Use PN-60w routing function to create "on the fly" road routes
- Take advantage of exclusive 2-way satellite text messaging when there's no cell phone coverage or in lieu of bringing your cell phone into rugged environments
- With delivery confirmation, you'll never have to wonder if your message was received
- Send descriptive SOS messages so responders can prepare accordingly
- Enable remote tracking, letting anyone you designate follow your travels online
- Stay connected wherever you go, on land or water, from pole to pole
- Communication enabled when PN-60w is paired with DeLorme inReach (sold separately)
Everything You Need is Included In the Box
- Earthmate PN-60w GPS
- Topo North America 9.0
- GPS maps on DVD, for PCs or Macs
- PC software for GPS data transfers, trip planning, road and trail routing, and more
- Free subscription to DeLorme MapPack for aerial imagery, nautical charts, and official USGS and Canada government topo maps
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 lithium AA batteries
- USB cable for PC-GPS data exchanges
- A sturdy, convenient neck lanyard
Assured 2-way Satellite Communication in Remote or High-Risk Environments, Anywhere in the World
Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can't find a signal.
This one-of-a-kind communication lifeline keeps you always inReach with exclusive 2-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS.
- Pair your DeLorme PN-60w with a DeLorme inReach (sold separately) for full-featured messaging, anywhere in the world
- Send and receive messages up to 160 characters on the PN-60w's internal keyboard
- Send to, receive from email contacts and cell phones
- Post to Facebook and Twitter
- Communicate directly with other inReach users in your party or around the world
- Send SOS messages describing your emergency so responders can prepare accordingly
- Iridium-connected inReach relays message via Iridium, the world's furthest-reaching satellite network
- inReach is sold separately; subscription required for satellite messaging
Why Settle for Just One Map?
The PN-60w lets you layer multiple map and imagery types on the included Topo North America terrain and street detail.
Whatever your preferred activity, you'll never have to settle for just one map. See Map Library section below for more information on available choices.
DeLorme Topo North America
Find your position on up-to-date DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 maps.
- Full U.S. and Canada terrain and street detail, Mexico main roads
- U.S. trails and public recreation areas, including BLM lands
The DeLorme Map Library
For more variety and detail, low-cost subscriptions to the unique DeLorme Map Library entitle you to unlimited amounts of supplemental maps and aerial and satellite imagery.
MapPack Subscription - Included FREE with PN-60w Purchase
- High-resolution U.S. color aerial imagery
- USGS 1:24,000 topographic quads
- NOAA nautical charts
- 1:50,000 Natural Resources Canada topographic map sheets
DigitalGlobe® Satellite & Aerial Imagery Subscription
- Premium resolution
- Global coverage
Satellite and Aerial Imagery
- Intuitive, easy to use, icon-based screen navigation
- Reliable, ergonomic push-button design that enables one-handed use, even with gloves on
- High-resolution sunlight-readable screen
Full Range of Handheld GPS Capabilities for Outdoor Activities
The PN-60w supports all popular outdoor activities, with features including:
- A highly-accurate 3-axis electronic compass that works when held in any position, moving on foot or standing still
- An elevation display that pinpoints your location
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for precise elevation readings and the ability to gauge potential weather changes
- Mark your vehicle and campsite locations for safety. Verify you're on the correct trail, or go off-trail with confidence. Extended battery life gives extra backcountry security.
- Up-to-date DeLorme topo maps for U.S. and Canada, aerial imagery, official USGS and Natural Resources Canada government topos, and NOAA nautical charts provide highly detailed, versatile, and accurate navigational and planning support
Day hiking and family travel
- The first PN-Series GPS to have unique settings customized for different sports and activities. Just choose your activity and you're ready to go
- Create routes and search four million places of interest, from campgrounds to restaurants, to chain stores and more
Maps for boaters
The ability to display NOAA nautical charts makes the PN-60w a valuable navigator for sea kayaking and coastal sailing. Navionics® lake maps and marine charts (sold separately on SD cards) are also supported. And, the availability of high-resolution aerial imagery provides an accurate depiction of the natural and manmade features near your location.
DeLorme has devoted significant resources toward offering a rewarding geocaching experience. In addition to the unique value of available aerial imagery, the PN-60w delivers a wide range of paperless geocaching capabilities.
Choose one of eight pre-defined activity settings or one of two custom settings. The device will update Info Fields and page sequences to activity-specific settings. No more multiple steps when switching activities to customize screen views.
Customize the PN-60w to Meet Your Needs
You can customize the PN-60w’s Trip Info Page for your trip so that everything you want to know is all on one screen
- Time or distance to next turn or finish (if navigating on a route)
- Distance traveled (odometer)
- Trip time
- Battery life, GPS accuracy
- Also create custom set-ups for quick access to the PN-60w screens and features you want for your favorite activities
- and much more!
Rugged, Waterproof, WAAS-enabled
- The PN-60w is waterproof, impact- and vibration-resistant, and WAAS-enabled for superior accuracy. The SD card slot is securely located in the battery compartment, so all your saved data is safe and dry
- The PN-60w’s Button Lock prevents the execution of inadvertent, unwanted commands while the device is in use
Tested in the World’s Most Extreme Conditions
PN-Series receivers have been tested in some of the most extreme conditions on earth. They were the GPS of choice for John Huston and Tyler Fish during their historic Victorinox North Pole 09 expedition, and Ed Viesturs took the PN-40 on his successful 2009 ascent of Mt. Everest.
- Military standard 810F for vibration and shock - also tested to function in high-vibration conditions such as the Bonneville Salt Flats
- Waterproof to the IEC 529 IPX7 standard
- Functions in high humidity, including consistent humidity levels over 90% and in the rain
- Operating temperature range for the PN-60w is -20 degrees C to +75 degrees C
Plan the Perfect Outdoor Experience - Anywhere in the U.S. and Canada
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 PC desktop software is an exceptionally full-featured travel planning, routing, and GPS resource. Create customized maps with road and trail routes, and navigate worry-free in your vehicle, on foot, or on the water, anywhere from the Yukon to the Rio Grande.
- Use Topo North America to scout your trips as if you were there, with realistic 3-D and 360-degree rotation
- Locate places of interest, create driving and hiking routes, identify public lands, import maps and imagery
- Exchange GPX files with the PN-60w
- Easily manage and edit your collected GPX files
- Print maps for take-along reference
Trust the latest map detail
- 11,000 added U.S. national forest trails
- 210,000 new and updated roads
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management recreation lands now included
- The most up-to-date map detail from Canada government sources
DeLorme is the innovation leader in high-quality maps and GPS units for everyone from recreational customers to businesses to government agencies. Proven in the most extreme conditions, from the bitter cold of the North Pole and Mt Everest to the heat and sand of Iraq and Afghanistan, DeLorme products are well known for rock-solid design, accuracy, and reliability. DeLorme is a disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) and takes great pride in engineering outstanding maps, software, and GPS units right here in the United States.
U.S.-Based Cartography, Engineering, Service, and Support
DeLorme does not outsource or off-shore its development or support services. Our innovative geospatial and hardware engineering, customer care, and technical support all originate from our New England headquarters - home to Eartha, the world’s largest rotating and revolving globe.
Earthmate PN-60w GPS Details
- 3.5 GB of user-available Flash memory
- GPX support for improved waypoint, track, and geocache file management
- No finite limitations on the quantities of each that can be saved to internal memory
- In addition, all can be saved to and retrieved from SD cards
- Tracks can now hold 20,000 points (versus 10,000 with earlier PN-Series models); you can edit track settings to (upon hitting 50,000 points) automatically save the active track and start another; overwrite the existing track points (oldest first); or stop track recording entirely
- Holds 100 routes (compared to 50 with earlier PN-Series models)
- Power Management System optimizes battery performance
- Sleep When Stationary - puts device in "doze mode" if no movement is detected for 60 seconds
- Stealth Mode - mutes all audible alerts, turns off backlight
- Button-Lock - prevents unwanted device activation or data input
- Intuitive icon-based user interface for easy on-device navigation
- Elevation profile cutaway views that pinpoint the user’s position
Powerful GPS performance features
- High-sensitivity 32-channel STMicroelectronics Cartesio chipset and DeLorme ConstantLock™ for quick satellite acquisition and reliable signal retention
- DeLorme predictive GPS calculates satellite positions for near instantaneous acquisition
- Dual-core processor for blazing-fast performance
- 3-axis electronic compass performs with the PN-60w held in any position
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for highly-accurate reliable altitude readings
- 65K bright-color TFT screen for clarity in any light conditions
- On-device road routing
- SDHC support up to 32 GB
- Support for paperless geocaching
- WAAS-enabled accuracy (to within 3 meters)
Map and Imagery Details
The most comprehensive GPS detail available
On-device data layering lets you see your GPS location with the advantage of numerous map and imagery choices. Switch among them to gain a comprehensive view of where you are - it’s revolutionary and provides a level of geographic detail unavailable on any other handheld GPS.
Layer all these map and imagery options on your PN-60w and always have the right detail for any activity, wherever you go in the world. PN-Series receivers also display market-leading Navionics® lake maps and marine charts (no set-up required, sold separately on SD cards).
Complete detailed U.S. and Canada topographic and street maps (included with all PN-Series GPS purchases).
- Detailed vector-based maps created from the USGS topographic data and the latest DeLorme U.S. street and trail network
- U.S. land cover including bodies of water, wetlands, forests, mountains, glaciers, grasslands, rock cover & more
Canada topographic map sheets
- Official Natural Resources Canada data
- Topographic contour lines, bodies of water, roads and trails, also significant buildings, historic sites, and other manmade features in urban areas.
- 1:50.000 scale
- Coverage for most of Canada
High-resolution color aerial imagery
- Best available resolution for many areas
- Provides on-the-ground detail for areas outside Topo North America coverage
USGS 7.5-minute quad maps
- Authentic USGS 1:24,000 (7.5-min.) topo quads, scanned into a seamless database
- See roads, trails, locations of buildings, natural landmarks, and an endless variety of physical features
NOAA nautical charts
- The complete set of U.S. waterway charts available, including coastlines, Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii, many navigable rivers
- See aids to navigation, water depths, water body names, hazards, and more
Effortless Track, Waypoint, and Route Management Details
A green arrow shows your location on the screen map, and points in your direction of travel. For screen orientation, you can select north up, course up, or heading up. The PN-60w will automatically collect a track as you travel. You can save the collected track, use it to create a route, and (when you’re back home) convert it to a routable road or trail within Topo North America.
Create waypoints with the click of a button, select from a vast menu of symbol options for the appropriate icon and add descriptive comments. With the PN-60w’s search capability, you can locate cities and towns, roads, trails, natural features, points of interest including businesses, restaurants, campgrounds, and much more; any search result can be saved as a waypoint.
Create road routes or direct point-to-point routes on the device, or easily import road or trail routes from Topo North America. When navigating on a route, the PN-60w emits audible turn alerts (your choice of numerous sounds - ring, beep, whistle, etc.).
New Custom Controls Put You in Charge
- Button-Locking - prevents accidental unit activation or data input (enabled using the Power button)
- Stealth Mode - enforces sound and light discipline
- Power Saving Mode - increases battery life 2x, ideal for use when packing the device for occasional check-ins but not steady usage
- Low-level nighttime illumination
- Project waypoints - "Look ahead" feature for sighting downrange
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Details
Map detail includes
- Comprehensive street and topographic coverage for the U.S. and Canada
- Land cover
- Lakes and streams
- Updated U.S. trails
- State and national parks and forests
- Boat ramps, campgrounds, hunting and fishing spots, unique natural features
- Over 4 million U.S. and Canada places of interest
- Gazetteer point data descriptions from DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer series
- Mexico main roads
Desktop mapping and GPS features
- Exclusive - automatic road and trail routing
- Easy GPX file exchanges with PN-60w (waypoints, tracks, routes, geocaches)
- Exclusive - convert imported tracks to routable roads or trails
- Realistic 3-D terrain views with flyovers
- Highly-defined shaded relief
- Contour lines with elevation numbers
- Split screen integration with aerial imagery, USGS and Canada topos, NOAA nautical charts, and more
- Use draw tools to add waypoints and tracks for upload to PN-60w
- Paperless geocaching, Pocket Query imports
- In-vehicle, run Topo North America 9.0 on laptop PC connected to PN-60w or other Earthmate GPS for voice-guided navigation
- Versatile print features - create handy take-along reference maps for in-vehicle, on the water, or in the field.
PN-60w Technical Specifications
- IPX7 waterproof standard
- Impact-resistant rubberized housing (Mil STD 810F)
- Device dimensions: 2.43" W x 5.25" H x 1.5" D
- Weight: without batteries: 5.35 ounces; with Li-Ion rechargeable: 6.7 oz; with 2 alkaline AAs: 7.00 oz.
- 32-channel STMicroelectronics Cartesio GPS chipset for fast, reliable satellite acquisition
- A dual-core processor for lightning quick map redraws, when panning or zooming
- Fast USB 2.0 data transfer to internal memory or SD card in device
- Proprietary Kalman filter for enhanced GPS accuracy
- Detailed onboard base map with major streets and highways worldwide, plus U.S. secondary roads
- 3-axis electronic compass with included accelerometer performs when held in any position
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for reliably accurate altitude readings
- Uses 2 AA batteries (included)
- Optional Travel Power Kit with DeLorme-supplied rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Super high-sensitivity 32-channel Cartesio chipset by STMicroelectronics for rapid signal acquisition
- ConstantLock™ satellite retention, even in challenging GPS environments
- Predictive GPS for near-instantaneous acquisition
- Hot start: 5-6 seconds
- Warm start: < 45 seconds
- Cold start: < 60 seconds
- Update rate: 1/second, continuous
- Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical
- Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
- Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical
- Sharp high-resolution 2.2" (220 x 176 pixels)
- 65K-color Transflective TFT screen
Memory and storage
- 3.5 GB internal Flash memory
- Supports SDHC high-capacity SD cards - up to 32 GB
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft® Window® 7 (all versions) with 1GB of RAM (2+ GB recommended)
- Windows Vista® (all versions) with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- 1.5 GHz or higher processor, Pentium 4, Athlon 64 or later
- 2 GB of available hard-disk space (8 GB if all map data for North America is loaded to hard drive)
- DVD-ROM Drive
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
- Compatible with Intel-based Macintosh computers running Boot Camp® for Windows XP/Vista/7
For GPS Use
- Compatible with any DeLorme Earthmate GPS receiver