I bought this machine based on Consumer Report Recommendation, Amazon Reviews, and Price, however, was leery of all the claims of squeaky machines.
I use this machine multiple times per week and am about 6'2 - 220 lbs and my teenage daughters also use frequently. It NOW works great with no squeaks, is fairly easy to use, has a smooth range of motion, and fairly stable. It did squeak after assembly, so I took the whole things apart and smeared hi temp automative grease onto and around all of the swivel points. The white lithium grease that some purchased on Amazon is NOT a good alternative as it just removes the little grease that comes with packing and does not last long.
You can hook up a phone, ipod, mp3, to speaker jack which has ok quality. Has a good heart rate monitor (polar) with it.
- Good Steady Machine, with good range of motion, and great workout!
- Highly rated on Consumer Report
- Comes with Polar Heartrate monitor strap (one of the best in the business) with good feedback
- Cable to hook-up music, phone, ipod, ipad, etc.
- Available workout options, calorie, heartbeat, etc.
- Price - Not Gym quality machine, but much better than many home use ones
- Fairly easy to set-up by myself (maybe 45 minutes)
- The machine should come with more grease on swivels or instructions to add. Having to dismantle the unit a second time to add and rebuild was a annoying
- No Gel on footrests, after 45-60 minute work my feet begin to fall asleep and have to take a short break
- Technology on unit, screen, etc. feel 10 years old compared to some other units with touch or video screens
- Connection "iphone" compatible, but not 30 pin connector just headphone jack
- Although prime indicated 2 day delivery, took more like a week plus with coordination with local delivery person. That person did bring into the house, so kudos since I was not home.
At the end of the day a good workout, stable well-built machine, good price, adequate, but limited feedback make this a solid 3-4 stars for home use. If you put the grease on initially, this will work great!
If you prefer more high tech options, have feet problems, this unit would not be for you.