+ Can be programmed to turn on or off at any time of day and week (be sure to see Cons)
- You have to really jam it into the wall outlet
- It's about 1.5-2'' thick and it's quiet unstable. If I just lightly push in on one side, the APC outlet will tilt that way.
- Takes up the entire wall outlet, so if I need to plug something in that is "always on" or just want one free for convenience, I'm SOL.
- The font size on that display is so small it literally hurts my eyes to program that thing. The "am" or "pm" in the display is even smaller (smaller than fine print on a legal document) - I can't tell which one it's displaying without getting really close. (No, my eyes are not that bad).
- The display is not backlit (doesn't light up). So if I want to program something at night, you have to get a flashlight or turn on all the lights, which isn't ideal if someone is sleeping in that room.
- You can only go "up" when you select day or time. In other words, if you go past the intended day or time, you have to cycle through all of it again. Example: if I want to set it at 11pm and I accidentally go over, I have to push the Time buttom 23 more times. The same for minutes.
1. I do not suggest this at all.
2. I'm going to get rid of this and replace it with one of the products listed below.
3. It's poorly engineered and not at all ergonomic.
1. Get the Belkin or Simple Touch timers. If the Simple Touch timer came in half hour increments, it would be perfect.