ASUS G74SX-XC1 Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz; 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM (2x4GB, 4 slots)
- Nvidia GTX 560M 3G GDDR5; 750G 7200; Blu-ray-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW
- 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 LED; 3 USB 2.0 Ports; 8-in-1 Card Reader; HDMI and VGA Port; 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 2.0
- Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System (64 bit); Li-ion 8 cell battery
- 1 Year Standard Warranty and 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty
Amazon.ca Product Description
The Asus G74SX-XC1 Republic of Gamers G Series gaming notebook brings the uncompromising performance of a fully-fledged gaming PC to a sleek, portable form factor. The unique design is inspired by the F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter, featuring outsized rear exhausts that push away noise and heat from the gamers. This way, the action stays cool and focused. The G74 is the next evolution on the ROG gaming notebook series and comes with an arsenal of weapons at your disposal. It comes loaded with a 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7 CPU for extreme performance as well as a NVIDIA® GTX 560M graphics card to bring vibrant images to the screen. Also equipped with the Dual Intelligent Fan design, which intelligently increases cooling to the GPU or CPU regions based on load. The keyboard has a metallic design , more space between the keyboard and the number pad, independent arrow keys and larger shift keys for easier gaming control.
From the Manufacturer
They'll Never Know What Hit'em
Every gamer knows that the latest games demands the best performance. But we don’t believe in just meeting the minimum requirements, we believe in obliterating them. That’s why we made sure that the Republic of Gamers (ROG) G74SX-XC1 is jam-packed with one-of-a-kind innovation that propel mobile gaming performance to unseen levels.
Featuring the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics engine that comes with a massive 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM, the ROG G74SX-XC1 leads in DirectX 11 gaming for advanced tessellation and faster graphics rendering. This gaming powerhouse, powered by the Intel Core i7-740QM quad-core processor, soars while performing several tasks simultaneously. And while others struggle to find the keys in dimly lit areas, the backlit gaming keyboard gives you the edge in the dark to put you ahead of the competition. The ROG G74SX-XC1 showcases a stealth fighter-inspired design with a unique thermal design that promotes airflow and keeps the hot air away from you. Plus, its 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display lets you experience the latest in high-definition entertainment with brilliant 1080p playback. The ROG G74SX-XC1 breaks from the heard of traditional gaming notebooks with built-in overclocking feature through the ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid utility—instantly giving you extreme power and energy savings with a push of a button.
The ROG G74SX-XC1 also boasts 750GB 7200RPM hard drive, 8GB DDR3 system memory, high-speed wireless N, Intel Turbo Boost technology, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity, Bluetooth v2.1, HDMI connectivity, 2.0 megapixel camera, and high-quality stereo speakers with EAX Advanced HD 5.0 sound.
- 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display for immersive cinematic experience with resolution up to 1920 x 1080 (Learn more)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM for unprecedented DirectX 11 gaming (Learn more)
- Intel Core i7-2630QM processor with Intel Turbo Boost technology to automatically boost speed to your task at hand (Learn more)
- ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid that innovatively saves battery life and delivers extreme performance (Learn more)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for quicker device charging and up to 10x faster transfers than USB 2.01
- 750GB 7200RPM hard drive and 8GB of DDR3 system memory for smooth computing and ample storage for all your games and media files (Learn more)
- Backlit gaming keyboard with ergonomic tilt-up design for comfortable control in any lighting environment (Learn more)
- High-quality stereo speakers and EAX Advanced HD Audio for premium gaming sound (Learn more)
This notebook also comes with the industry's most comprehensive warranty.
1 Year ASUS 360 Global Warranty3
Offers a level of coverage that would add hundreds of dollars to the price of competing laptops:
- 1 year global warranty
- 30 day Flawless Display Guarantee
- 2-way free standard shipping
- 24/7 tech support
1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)3
Whether your notebook is damaged by accidental spills, drops, electrical surges, or fire, ASUS will fix it or replace it for you during the first year after purchase.
- Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges, and fire damage
- Target 3 business day turnaround time for repair / replacement; not including receiving and shipping time
- 1-way shipping (from ASUS to the user) at no additional cost
- 24/7 toll-free phone support
What's in the Box
- ROG G74SX-XC1
- AC Adapter
- 8 cell Battery Pack
- Warranty Information Card
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Display: 17.3-Inch FHD (1920x1080) (LED)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.0GHz Quad-Core)
- Chipset: Intel HM55
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz), Bluetooth v2.1
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, 4 x SODIMM (expandable to 16GB)
- Storage: 750GB 7200RPM hard drive
- Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel
- Speakers: High-quality stereo speakers with EAX 5.0 sound
- Microphone: Digital Array Microphone
- Card Reader: 8-in-1 card reader (MMC/SD/Mini-SD/XD/Memory stick/MS Pro/MS-Duo/MS-Pro Duo)
- Input / Output: 1 x Mic-in, 1 x Headphone-out, 1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor, 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x Gigabit LAN, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Kensington Lock
- Battery: 8 cell
- Dimensions: 15.6 x 11.9 x 0.8 ~ 2.0 –inches
- Weight: 7.9 lbs (with 8 cell battery)
- Color: Black
© 2010 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos.
1All figures theoretical values compared to USB 2.0 benchmarks for reference purposes. Actual speed depends on device and system status.
2Rated number 1 Windows-based PC maker in PCMag.com's Service & Reliability Report 2010. Rated number 1 PC brand according to SquareTrade, the leading direct-to-consumer warranty company (for more information visit http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/ ). Rated number 1 reliable PC maker in Q2 2010's RESCUECOM report http://www.rescuecom.com/2010-2nd-Quarter-Computer-Reliability-Report.html
3ASUS reserves the right to exclude certain SKUs; check with your retailer to confirm coverage of specific models. Valid for notebooks purchased in the US and Canada only. Certain retailers do not participate in ADW coverage. For complete details, please visit: usa.asus.com/event/ASUS360 and adw.asus.com/.
Top Customer Reviews
For those who worry about it, the keyboard is US-type (NOT Quebec, so no accents), and as for the OS, you can choose one language (French, English, Spanish, Italian and maybe others but not sure) at windows first startup, but windows tells you that you won't be able to change afterwards.
As for the heat, well... none so far. We tested the blueray reader for 3 hours (lord of the rings extended edition !!!) and after the movie, the computer was still cold. We also tested a bit of online gaming (Aion, with graphics settings on "high") for a few hours, and still no heat. There was a tad of warmth localized towards the processor after more than 5 hours, but not hot at all. We ran a simultaneous installation of mathlab and a virtual ubuntu oneiric, and the computer remained cold and functional the whole time.
Noise : none. The fans make a very very soft whoosh that can't even manage to cover my upper neighbour's snoring (and I'm getting the snoring trough the ceiling...), or my fridge (which is in another room) for that matter. The disk reader does not make sound either.
Sound : there has been complains that the sound is not loud enough. I agree the maximum output from the speakers is not loud. But it is ok. I am hearing impared, I watched the whole movie with the internal speakers only (at maximum volume) and that was ok. Sure enough, you'll never wake up your whole street with these speakers, but the sound is sufficient. And the sound quality is excellent. If you really want to make the walls shake, you just have to buy a good sound system, and the sound card of the asus will deliver that in high quality for you.Read more ›