- Product Dimensions: 20 x 11.4 x 0.9 cm ; 290 g
- Shipping Weight: 522 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: NEXUS7 ASUS-2B16
- ASIN: B00DVFLJDS
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 27 2013
- Average Customer Review: 275 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,691 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet (7", 16GB, 2013 Model) - Black
|Price:||CDN$ 289.99 FREE SHIPPING.|
- World's sharpest 7" tablet screen (323 ppi)
- Powerful battery, up to 9 hrs of active use
- 1.5GHz quad-core speed and performance, 2GB RAM, adreno 320 graphics
- Comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 16GB USB storage
This ships separately from other items in your order. The item ships in its original manufacturer's packaging and therefore the contents cannot be concealed.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 16 GB
Amazon.ca Product Description
BLACK 16G Thin, light, portable 7in tablet. Made for Google Play,Android 5.0 Lollipop. 1 year North Amercia warranty
From the Manufacturer
Black, Touch Screen, 7-Inch WUXGA (1920x1200), 400 nits, LED backlight IPS panel with Corning Fit Glass, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064 1.5GHz, L2 2MB, Quad-Core, 2GB DDR3LM-1066, Adreno 320, 400MHz, 16GB Flash, No Optical Drive android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), 802.11ABGN, 1.2 Mega Pixel and 5.0 Mega Pixel Webcams, Bluetooth 4.0, 15Wh, 3950mAh, non-removable polymer battery (10 hours), Comes with Adapter and power plug, Manual, Warranty card, Cleaning Cloth, 1 Year North America Warranty
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I wanted an Android tablet for content consumption (eBooks, online news, watching movies, etc). I did my due diligence in comparing available tablets. The 2012 N7 received good reviews so I was excited when the 2013 N7 got even better reviews. (Look up Ars Technica's review.) I was a little nervous since I didn't have a ton of first-hand exposure to tablets; I had played around with friends' iPads and Galaxy Tabs but that was it. I wanted a tablet that was about the size of a paperback book. I've been a happy Android user since buying a Nexus One phone and then inheriting a Galaxy S2.
- The screen is amazing. It's the equivalent of a Mac "Retina" screen. Text is incredibly sharp. Reading anything is a pleasure.
- It comes with stock Android 4.3 without any extra skins like TouchWiz. About mid way through Nov '13 it received the over-the-air update to Android 4.4 Kitkat. As a Nexus device, it will continue to receive software updates directly from Google.
- It's half the price of the iPad Mini Retina, with comparable performance. It's the same price or cheaper than most other 7-8" Android tablets, with better performance.
- The size is perfect for me. I realize this is a very subjective point, but for eBooks and reading the news online, it's exactly what I was looking for. The W:H ratio of the screen makes it nearly perfect for movies with very little letterboxing.
- It has two speakers, one on top and one on bottom. This becomes the left and right side in landscape, giving nice stereo sound for videos.
- It turns out that the N7 is amazing for gaming also, though I don't take advantage of that as much as I'd like.
- One of the speakers gets a little crackle in it if a video is really loud.Read more ›
This tablet is fluid, fast, light also. I couldn't be more happier! The camera could be better, but with a good source of light, it's still decent.
My only complaint could be the battery life. 9h is okay, but it's not awesome. However, I think the recent KitKat update 4.2.2 improved on the battery life.
Qi wireless charging is really great also.
I can't say about other Android tablets, but this one suits my needs and does it in a really great way!
The only reason why I can't give it 5 stars is really because of the battery life. But it is indeed a really great tablet!
My only two complaints about the device - It could really use a Micro SD card slot and it needs a better camera. With cloud storage, perhaps the argument for a card slot is less concerning for many people, but I think the device would simply be better if it had that option. The camera is acceptable for Skype calls, but the quality isn't in line with my expectations - Even my 3 year old Blackberry has a "better" camera than this tablet.
And a side note - At the time of the review, Microsoft Office 365 is not available for Android tablets. There are alternatives in the Play store, as well as web apps that can be used, but as a Microsoft Office 365 subscriber I would like to see Microsoft support this platform.
Otherwise... I am very happy with my decision to make the Nexus 7 my first Android tablet, and the price cannot be beat for this level of quality.
This tablet does it all, and is so much faster than my pain in the butt laptop. I honest wouldn't trade it for anything.
This is probably my third tablet, I have always just bought the less expensive types/brands thinking that they are all the same. Well let me tell you here and now (far enough from my husband so he doesn't overhear that he was right!) When it comes to technology you get what you pay for! Trust me...splurge on yourself, it's worth it in the end.
As a first time tablet owner, I'm having a ball. It's so responsive, easy to use, feels great in my hands, and chock full of "stuff". I only wish it had come with a few directions. But I guess I can get those on the Net.
I got the Nexus 2nd gen MOKO cover for it and it's a great addition.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought this device in December of 2014 with the 2 year Canopy Protection plan. Device worked fine for exactly 13 months, 1 month outside standard warranty period. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Very light as far as the weight is concerned. fine /sharp writing as well as pictures. Easy to use....( user friendly ).
Since I got it which is about month and half ago. Read more
I loved the tablet but build quality is just terrible. The touchscreen stopped working when my brother put his elbow on the screen for less than a moment. It also overheated a lot.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this tablet as a Christmas present for my daughter. She told me that it was the best gift she's ever received. Read morePublished 24 days ago by James D. Myers
So far so good....I just upgraded to android 5.1 & may upgrade to 6.0 later
I am a basic user......... Read more
Bought this tablet about 3 years ago for my daughter and she is not very careful with her electronic devices. So, it survive and she still love it.Published 1 month ago by Jean-Guy Pepin
It's too bad Google has discontinued these tablets. The Nexus 7 is a great little tablet that's nice and small to carry around with you, but still has the horsepower to do all the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dan