- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers Paperback – Jul 29 2010
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the country today. Scott is the author of the best-selling books The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, and The Digital Photography Book (volumes 1, 2 & 3), among others. His easygoing, plain-English style of teaching makes learning Photoshop fun. He trains thousands in his live seminars each year and knows firsthand which techniques are in hot demand, and now he shares them here in his latest book.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book gives very good tricks and tips with step by step instructions along with figures.
It doesn't go in technical details but explains it what it is supposed to.
The bonus chapters and bonus videos on this book's website are also helpful.
It's a great buy.
Note, the book isn't an all encompassing manual on CS5 and not all of the necessary techniques covered in earlier books (for earlier versions of CS) are re-hashed in this particular edition. I certainly still keep my CS2 edition to hand. This may seem just like a ploy to get you buying a complete set of books but Scott makes the point that including everything previously covered would result in one VERY thick book.
Obviously there is so much more to photoshop cs5 but this is a great jumping off point.I believe that most of the tools that I would use as an amateur photographer were well covered.
Superbly well put together and most esay to understand!
Thanks to Mr. Scott Kelby.
Most recent customer reviews
First off, I loved the Photoshop Elements books by Scott Kelby. However, there are a lot of similarities with this book and the Photoshop Elements books (actually some of the same... Read morePublished on May 4 2011 by Steve J. Rogers
I am self teaching myself CS5 and this book is a perfect learning tool. I love Kelby's style of writing as its easy to understand and not "text book" style whatsoever. Read morePublished on Jan. 9 2011 by jennifer veitch
Scott Kelby has a way of explaining methods in a way that are easy to follow. If you are a photographer using PS CS 5 this book is a must have.Published on Dec 15 2010 by Greyhound
As a photo student, this book is a useless guide to the technical capabilities of Photoshop CS5. What it lacks in comprehensive technical instruction, it makes up for in tacky... Read morePublished on Oct. 23 2010 by John Smith
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Digital Image Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography