|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Build your Photoshop expertise, one technique at a time
Why spend time searching through a thick reference book when you can focus on the essential techniques? In Adobe Photoshop CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, author Chris Orwig brings you the best techniques to quickly organize and correct your digital images using the world's most
powerful photo-editing program. Complete with illustrations and practical tips, these bite-size lessons from Chris's experience as a photographer and instructor provide just the information you need. You can explore the program at your own pace, spending less time at your computer and more time behind the lens taking great pictures.
• Discover the Application bar [#4]
• Work with and arrange multiple documents [#8]
• Use the Photo Downloader in Adobe Bridge [#24]
• Make localized nondestructive adjustments with Camera Raw [#38]
• Set highlight and shadow target values using Curves [#69]
• Adjust tones with the Dodge and Burn tools while protecting values [#77]
• Create a layer mask[#78]
• Retouch portraits to improve eyes [#86]
• Create Web galleries to share your images [#97]
Chris Orwig is a professional photographer, teacher, and author. He is a member of the faculty at the prestigious Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. He wrote Adobe Lightroom 2 How-tos: 100 Essential Techniques for Adobe Press and a new book on digital photography is expected in 2009. Chris is a popular conference speaker and a regular contributor to Photoshop User and Layers magazines.