8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
- Published on Amazon.com
Get this suite when you are still a student, and while it is $369.99, which is $80 less than normal official price.
I would like to recommend this product to all student interested in web design, graphic design, or mobile app development. The components of this suite can be summarized as follows:
* Photoshop: Image processing. No need to say more.
* Illustrator: Creating vector artworks.
* Flash: Creating interactive multimedia. New to CS5.5: improved workflow.
* Flash Catalyst: Transforming Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks works to Flash.
* Acrobat: Generating, editing, and reusing PDF documents.
* Fireworks: Graphic design for webpages.
* Dreamweaver: Webpages design. New to CS5.5: jQuery support.
* Flash Builder: Don't neglect this one! It is a tool for developing cross-platform mobile applications. This is far more than a Flash assistant / plugin as I firstly thought.
* Contribute: Managing your website without writing codes.
So, you may also be interested in Design Premium. The difference is: Design Premium = Web Premium + InDesign - Contribute - Flash Builder. For me, Contribute doesn't make much sense, but Flash Builder is an amazing tool. You can use it to create simple iOS applications far easier than using Xcode. However, InDesign is a great tool for making publications. I tried it and feel it far better than Microsoft Publisher. If you are more interested in graphic design rather than web design, then Design Premium is the right choice.
Also, I found the official website of Adobe is a great place to get started with these tools. The video tutorials are very helpful. Go to [...] , click "View all product help and support centers", and choose a product. Click "Getting Started and Tutorials" or any other topic you are interested in.
It seems that Adobe CS Live online services integration is also a highlight in CS5.5. But I haven't tried that out yet.
======= Updated 2012-2-6 ========
I've been using the trial version of this product, and today I received this. The verification process is smoother than I expected. No student ID or transcript, etc. is needed. On the validation page, I entered the product code and a university Email address, then I received the activation code immediately.