Advanced Google AdWords Paperback – Apr 5 2010
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Optimize Your AdWords Account with Advanced Techniques, Tips, and Insights
Do you want to increase your AdWords ROI and drive more traffic to your site? In this comprehensive guide to AdWords, you will learn expert strategies to create, manage, and tweak AdWords campaigns that improve your bottom line.
- Discover how to choose and organize keywords based upon user intent and the buying funnel
- Learn to control exactly when, where, and how your ads are displayed
- Write ads that connect with searchers to not only increase traffic, but also increase sales
- Learn the secrets that make the content network perform for your goals
- Create landing pages that increase conversion rates
- Get insight into how quality score is calculated and techniques for improving your quality score
- Delve into different bidding techniques so every keyword becomes profitable
- Master testing ad copy and landing pages to determine your profits for every impression
- Develop a schedule-friendly action plan to continuously optimize and expand your AdWords account
- Get a Google AdWords gift card worth $25, plus save $50 on an Advanced AdWords for Success Seminar and save up to $100 on Certified Knowledge Training
Never before has an advertising program existed that has a level playing field for small businesses and international enterprises. Regardless of your AdWords spend or company size, the strategies covered inside this book will help your advertising become more profitable.
Praise for Advanced Google AdWords
Paid search expert Brad Geddes takes it to the next level, showing you not only how to get the most from your search advertising campaigns, but more importantly why you should use specific features and techniques, who you should be targeting with your creative, and when to use the scores of advanced tactics he describes for maximum impact and profitability.—Chris Sherman, Executive Editor, Search Engine Land
Do you want to know how to win at paid search? Do you want to become an advanced AdWords user and make your organization successful at using PPC? Then read this book. Brad has compiled into one resource what it would take you a decade to learn yourself.—Joshua Dreller, Vice President, Media Technology and Analytics, Fuor Digital
The real goal is to connect your business to the right searchers, engage them, and turn them into paying customers. That's what this book will help you do.—Vanessa Fox, author, Marketing In The Age Of Google
About the Author
AdWords expert Brad Geddes has been managing successful PPC campaigns for more than a decade. He is the first and only AdWords Seminar Leader chosen by Google to teach advanced seminars to Google's advertisers. He has advised top companies such as Amazon, Red Lobster, Encyclopedia Britannica, World Directories, and R.H. Donnelley. Brad maintains a popular PPC blog (bgTheory.com) and writes a column for Search Engine Land. He is a popular speaker at conferences throughout the world, including Search Engine Strategies, SMX, Pubcon, ad:tech, and many others.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
The amount that I gained from this book was staggering. The author is a wealth of knowledge and clearly lays out how to solve common problems, and identify areas you can work on. I thought that I had a pretty good grasp of adwords ahead of time, but now feel that I basically knew nothing. Really worth the read. This book can save you some serious money.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some may think it is long at 522 pages, but they are filled with important complete knowledge. I like to read, so this was not a problem.
I would suggest people who have some experience and already have intermediate knowledge of the theory of search marketing and some experience in creating and driving sales and measurable performance with PPC.
For other professionals who want to expand their capabilities and go the extra mile, I would suggest getting some books on writing effective ad copy, landing page optimization, and Google Analytics.
Whether your Adwords budget is $1 per day or $10,000 per day, you owe it to yourself to get this book. Keep a copy at hand for reference - you'll use it regularly.
I've always considered myself to be pretty good at managing ppc accounts, but I discovered I was making some mistakes with a few of my negative keyword match types. I made the changes, and within one week saw an increase of around 10% in impressions (and significantly more clicks) for a targeted keyword. It's little nuggets like this, scattered throughout the book, that keep it on my desk.
Some other things this book has clarified for me:
- recommended bid structure for multiple match type keywords within the same ad group.
- best practices for geo-targeted campaigns, and how not to shoot yourself in the foot.
- solid advice on improving quality score and the different factors related to position quality score.
- great tips for doing in-depth keyword research and best practices for setting up keyword lists. (extremely helpful if you do organic SEO as well.)
I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Just pick it up today, before your competitors learn these methods.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > E-Commerce
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems