- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Advanced Methods in Computer Graphics: With examples in OpenGL Hardcover – Feb 12 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
“This book provides an in-depth analysis of a selection of topics that are important in the areas of character animation and game development. … book aims to provide a comprehensive treatment of theoretical concepts and associated methods related to the following areas: articulated character animation, curve and surface design, mesh processing and collision detection. … The book is presented in an accessible fashion full of images and examples. … The topics discussed in this book are commonly covered in graduate or advanced undergraduate graphics courses.” (Agnieszka Lisowska, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1243, 2012)
From the Back Cover
Advanced Methods in Computer Graphics provides an in-depth analysis of a selection of topics that are important in the areas of character animation and game development. The discussion of a wide range of algorithms and their implementation aspects presented in the book will serve as a useful reference for researchers and practitioners in computer graphics. Students will find the book to be a valuable resource in their study of advanced graphics concepts.
The key topics covered in the book are hierarchical modelling and transformations using scene graphs, skeletal animation, forward and inverse kinematics solutions, quaternion based rotation interpolation, mesh processing and collision detection algorithms. The book also gives a thorough overview of splines, interpolation curves, and surface design methods.
- Comprehensive coverage of a large collection of methods used in animation and game programming.
- Detailed description of the theoretical aspects of algorithms, complemented by examples, figures and pseudo-codes.
- Each chapter accompanied by a set of demonstration programs that clearly show the implementation and working of key algorithms.
- The C++ source code of all the examples, demos and classes for each chapter can be downloaded from the publisher's website, http://extras.springer.com/978-1-4471-2339-2.
Ramakrishnan Mukundan is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. He has been teaching computer graphics courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels for the past twelve years.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Easy of understand and the examples are great too!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia > OpenGL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization