Advances in Decision Making Under Risk and Uncertainty Paperback – Nov 24 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Whether we like it or not we all feel that the world is uncertain. From choosing a new technology to selecting a job, we rarely know in advance what outcome will result from our decisions. Unfortunately, the standard theory of choice under uncertainty developed in the early forties and fifties turns out to be too rigid to take many tricky issues of choice under uncertainty into account. The good news is that we have now moved away from the early descriptively inadequate modeling of behavior. This book brings the reader into contact with the accomplished progress in individual decision making through the most recent contributions to uncertainty modeling and behavioral decision making. It also introduces the reader into the many subtle issues to be resolved for rational choice under uncertainty.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Theory
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Theory
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Evolution
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Game Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics > Economic Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics