march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 9, 2013
I bought this book to share with my first graders at the start of class each day of Advent and so far they are loving it. The stories are short enough to be good for younger children, but long enough to be meaningful and to impart a valuable daily message that can then spark discussions. My students love looking for "the star" on each page, and were particularly tickled when St. Nick appeared a few days ago. Very nicely written, and certainly worth buying if you're looking for something more meaningful than a chocolate calendar to countdown with. (Though this is obviously decidedly less delicious than a chocolate calendar.)
on January 2, 2012
A perfect way to celebrate Advent. I was looking for a book that I could read each night to my daughters in order to help them understand the meaning of advent. This book was perfect. My daughters are 3 and 5 years old and really started understanding what it was that they were waiting for. I would say this book will be meaningful for quite a few more years.