- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
After the Last Man: Excurses to the Limits of the Technological System Hardcover – Sep 18 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Recommended. Graduate students, researchers, faculty, and professionals. (W. K. Bauchspies, associate professor, sociology of science, Georgia Institute of Technology CHOICE, April 2009)
The author is at his best in examining the postmodern world's many facets. (Tobias Lanz Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture, June 2009)
This book is both profound and important. The text is a self-generating dance of relations, a shimmering reflection of its subject: our technology and ourselves. Its greatest strength is clear-eyed courage and clear expression. The result is an array of brilliant insights that often take the reader by surprise, forcing him to turn around, catch his breath, and think. (Tom Darby, Carleton University)
About the Author
Toivo Koivukoski is assistant professor of political science at Nipissing University in Ontario, Canada.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Futurology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Social Aspects
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Technology & Society
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History