Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

on February 12, 2009
This is a very interesting book which does shed a lot of life on the whole tragedy. It answers a lot of questions that we may have about the life of Marc Lepine and his early life. The author does not take an "oh, my poor son" view but is very honest. The one downfall of this read is that it is a very poorly written book from an academic perspective.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on March 12, 2011
Being a graduate of Polytechnique, and having seen Denis Villeneuve's movie, to me, it was a must to buy this book and get a further understanding of what happened on December 6,1989.

This book is very well written, from the heart, and tells all from this mother's tormented heart. There is so much information in this book that could have been left out in order for the author to protect her privacy, yet it's opened up and reveals all, making no excuses for bad choices made.

I literally devoured this book in two evenings, and no page was in excess. This book has helped me deal with the devastation I felt back in 1989 and that all came rushing back when I saw Denis Villeneuve's film.

I realize that it is also a gems for all those parents that society places on trial for their criminal children's actions. That rather than hiding in their shame, these parents can look to Monique Lepine as a brave example of survival.

I know of children who have grown up in contexts that are far worse than that of Marc Lepine and have still turned into well functioning adults. Simply put, he was a mentally deranged individual who was unable to take responsibility for his own actions and blamed women for his failures.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again