I own all of the Collective Soul albums and this is their best imo. This is also one of the best albums I own (out of 500) period.
I admit, I didn't like this album at first, mainly because it's so different from "Rabbit" (many of the best tracks are slow and melodic), but I quickly fell in love with the album with another listen or two.
Unlike other albums in this day and age, you can listen to all tracks on this album in order, from front to back (and I'd encourage you to do so). There are no "bad songs". I've listened to this album for well over 100 times and it's still my favorite.
1. "New Vibration" (8/10). Good song but not as strong as other CS intro songs.
2. "What I Can Give You" (10/10). My favorite song of the album and I fell in love with it immediately.
3. "Never Here Alone" (8/10)
4. "Bearing Witness" (7/10)
5. "All That I Know" (9/10)
6. "I Don't Need Anymore Friends" (Joel Kosche) (9/10). Hated this song at first and I thought it was so weird not hearing Ed's voice, but it grew on me and it's one of my favorite tracks now.
7. "Good Morning After All" (6/10). Not a bad song, but it's the only one I occasionally skip.
8. "Hollywood" (8/10). This is their "hit" song off the album.
9. "Persuasion of You" (8/10)
10. "Georgia Girl" (10/10). Slow (didn't like it at first), melodic, one of my favorite songs.
11. "Adored" (10/10). Another slow song and the perfect way to end the journey.
Again, I don't know why at least some of these songs aren't on mainstream radio or TV, I think they'd do really well and they're really catchy. What a shame.
I hope Collective Soul keep writing music, they seem to get better over time and they're the only ones in their genre doing what they do. Thanks Collective Soul!