- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Alan M. Turing: Centenary Edition Hardcover – Apr 23 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The world needed Alan Turing in the early years of computer science, and it still does."
Anthony L. Clapes, Computing Reviews
"The book does effectively portray both Alan Turing's life and work. I recommend this book not only to people interested in Alan's scientific achievements, but to anyone who woiuld like to meet a genius of the modern era."
Rita Puzmanova, Computing Reviews
"Turing appeals to many audiences. The book explains Turing's proof of the existence of a universal computing machine in a way that is understandable to readers with little background in mathematics or computer science, but it also includes a more mathematically sophisticated explanation that would satisfy readers with more background. Well written and engaging, Turing tells more than the tale of one man's life; it also explores the origins of modern computer science. Turing is a book worth reading."
Jessica Cohen, Western Washington University for Mathematics Teacher
To commemorate the centenary of Turing's birth, this republication of his mother's biography contains a new foreword by Martin Davis and a never-before-published memoir by Alan's brother. The contrast between this memoir and the original biography sheds new light on Turing's relationship with his family, and on the man himself.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Also love the description of family life in the early 1900s.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Rich & Famous
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( T ) > Turing, Alan
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics