Album Number Two
|Price:||CDN$ 27.40 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Album Number Two|
|2. That's Important To Me|
|3. All You Need Is Me|
|4. Born To Be Your Woman|
|5. Baby I'll Come Back To You|
|6. God Help My Man|
|7. The Horse Nobody Could Ride|
|8. Farm To Fame|
|9. Where Jesus Is|
|10. You Ain't Right|
|11. My Ol' Man|
|12. This Song's For You(with Zac Brown Band)|
2010 sophomore release from the ACM award-winning husband and wife duo. Their debut album The Life of a Song was chock-full of beautiful harmonies, top-notch songwriting, a traditional Country aesthetic, and their natural joyfulness, authenticity and romance. The album debuted at #10 on the Billboard Country Album charts and remained on that chart for over 50 weeks.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Album # 2 is a fantastic listen, from the titled track, up until the end with This Song's for You. They have improved since their first release, and they didn't really play it safe this time. Each song tells a story, and they sing them as if they have lived each story, their depth and passion really shine. This time around, Rory does sing, he and Joey share some songs, but he sings one song by himself, the emotional "My Ol' Man" and like I previously said, you can tell his passion within the story. They duet with a song called "Born to Be Your Woman" and you can tell that their love is molded within this song, it's such a great tune, and I love it. There are 12 tracks this time around, and I'll give a detail on each song below.
1. Album # 2 - This song is so much fun, and so witty. They detail their career from the launch of their first album. Joey and Rory both sing, and it's so nice to hear Rory sing! There were a few instances where I could not make out what they were saying, but after playing back, I could understand each word.
2. That's Important to Me - This song first made its debut on Joey's self titled album, "Strong Enough to Cry" It's basically what its title says, it's a story of what's important to Joey. You can tell she's a country girl with this moderately paced tune. Some couples will make this their song.
3. All You Need is Me - This one gives the "Cheater, Cheater" vibe for some reason, Joey sings about "her" cowboy. I love this track, it's more of a fast paced tune, and let's just say it's a fun song.
4. Born to be your Woman - This song, reminds me of my old man and my mother. It's destined to be a great wedding song, and it tells a story that must be trying, because these lyrics could not be written by anyone who is not in a true state of love. It's also another duet of both of them.
5. Baby I'll Come Back to You - This is probably the most fun song on the album. I don't want to spoil much about it, and it's easily the one I could talk the most about. It's just a phenomenal fast paced song. If you download just one song, make it this one.
6. God Help My Man - This is old fashioned country, and not a lot of women would dare sing a song like this in this day and age. Songs like these are why I love Joey and Rory, because they're pure country. Wanna hear what Joey would do to Rory if he cheated? Listen to this one.
7. The Horse that Nobody Could Ride - This is such a beautiful song, and I'm sure it has an underlying meaning, but I love to take it as it is. The song itself plays off more of a story than a song. Joey's voice shines here also.
8. Farm to Fame - Another favorite of mine. This tune basically tells the story of someone entering fame, but also how he goes from rags to riches, to rags again. It's a unique song, and I'd love a video for this one.
9. Where Jesus Is - A wonderfully sung religious song sung by Joey. It left me speechless.
10. You Ain't Right - A hilarious song mentioning whats wrong with us, and what a lot of people do that they shouldn't. Lifestyles gone wrong basically. It's just one of those songs that's gonna get stuck in your head.
11. My Ol' Man - This song had such a strong impact on me the first time I heard it. It's like they took my relationship with my father and sang it to me. Rory tells a strong tale and makes a great tribute to his late father here. If you're a daddy's boy like me, then this one will hit home for you.
12. This Song's for You - Dare I say, this was my least favorite song on the album? That may sound like a bad thing, but if your taste is like mine and you loved this track, then imagine what you're in for with the previous 11 tracks.
The one great thing I find about this album, each song could become a hit, and could have a wonderful video to accompany it. The duo's voices are phenomenal, and if they are for any reason, let out of their contracts after this hit album, then there is something extremely wrong with their record company. This album makes a great companion to "The Life of a Song" and it could very well be just as good, if not better. I whole heartedly recommend this album, because it's a winner!
I have only been through Album # 2 twice but I really like "That's Important To Me" and "This Song's For You".
The best singer-songwriters are definatelty in Nashville and Joey & Rory belong in that group. They tell a good story in a mellow fashion very similar to Alan Jackson who does not get near enough recognition for the outstanding singer-songwriter that he is. Joey & Rory are in the same vein.
So buy their CD and tell your friends that they will have to pay back all of the money they owe you unless they buy Album# 2 as well.
Some songs are reflections of their lives and careers, others are inspireing.
Joey and Rory's music is refreshingly real,
and connect with everyday life through some very moving lyrics.
This album is a mix of country swing, a little bluegrass, and beautiful love songs.
Some songs are sentimential, and some will make you smile.
There are some very clever lyrics,
and in the fabric of many of their songs is woven the value of honor, integrity and love.
They have a sincere gentle way of appreciating life and each other.
This is GREAT country music.