- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Alternating Current Fundamentals Paperback – Jan 1 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
1. An Introduction to Alternating Current. 2. Alternating Current Circuits Containing Resistance. 3. Inductance in Alternating Current Circuits. 4. Series Circuits - Resistance and Impedance. 5. Capacitors and RC Time Constants. 6. Capacitors in Alternating Current Circuits. 7. Series Circuits: Resistance, Inductive Reactance and Capacitive Reactance. 8. AC Parallel Circuits. 9. Series-Parallel Circuits. 10. Three-Phase Systems. 11. AC Instruments and Meters. 12. Alternating Current Generators. 13. Transformers. 14. Transformer Connections for Three-Phase Circuits. 15. Special Transformer Applications. 16. Three-Phase Induction Motors. 17. Three-Phase Synchronous Motors. 18. Single-Phase Motors. 19. Control Circuits.
About the Author
Stephen L. Herman is a retired electrician and teacher with more than 30 years of experience to his credit. A seasoned author, his reader-friendly textbooks on electricity and mathematics are popular with students and instructors alike. For two decades Mr. Herman was lead instructor for the Electrical Technology Curriculum at Lee College in Baytown, Texas, where he received an Excellence in Education Award from the Halliburton Education Foundation. He also taught at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, N.C., for nine years and helped establish an electrical curriculum for Northeast Texas Community College in Mount Pleasant, Texas. His additional publications include ELECTRIC MOTOR CONTROL, ELECTRICITY AND CONTROLS FOR HVAC/R, INDUSTRIAL MOTOR CONTROLS, UNDERSTANDING MOTOR CONTROLS, ELECTRONICS FOR ELECTRICIANS, ELECTRICAL WIRING INDUSTRIAL, ALTERNATING CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, DIRECT CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, ELECTRICAL STUDIES FOR TRADES, ELECTRICAL PRINCIPLES, EXPERIMENTS IN ELECTRICITY FOR USE WITH LAB VOLT EQUIPMENT, THE COMPLETE LABORATORY MANUAL FOR ELECTRICITY, and PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
To be fair Hermann is a better author than most of these regurgitators of the same old slip shod ideas. He is a few levels above the likes of a Fowler, but then again, who isn't? However, there is no point in getting his latest edition unless you have a gun pointed at you. Do yourself a huge favor and buy or borrow an old edition. Nothing authors like this write is worth more than 15 bucks.
All pertinent topics are covered thoroughly and I'm looking forward to taking my exam.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Circuitry > Circuit Manufacturing
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Circuits
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Power Systems
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering