Tried using it for both pilates and yoga. Mat is blue, that is completely smooth on one side and with raised lines on the other, 6.35mm thick.
- Very thick and comfortable for pilates and poses in yoga where you're on your bony areas.
- Comes with a strap to roll up the mat and make it easy to carry.
- Long enough to stretch out fully.
- Does not grip the floor on either side of mat. I had to place another thinner mat, that didn't have this problem underneath, to make it stay put.
- Hands and arms will slowly slide on the mat while holding poses in yoga. My hands sink into the mat which makes it hard to grip the mat and hold poses.
- Mat will stretch out during yoga poses (ie. the mat is just plush and not densely packed in between to prevent this)
- Longevity. Small tears are present after a couple of months of use and the initial indentations from the carry-on strap and packaging is still present.
- Chemical smell. Even after washing it once, airing it out, and using it for a couple of months it still smells. It's not as bad as when I first got it, but it gives me a headache.
Overall: Find this mat unsuitable for yoga, but will have to continuing using for pilates until I find an alternative. Would not recommend.