I liked the approach, the content, and the presentation so well, I had to rate this a 10.
— Raymond Lodato, Slashdot contributor
- Your family and friends know everything you're doing on your computer!
- Someone is impersonating you during an instant messaging session.
- Sudden dropouts and lag occur during online game play.
- Your computer crashes unexpectedly and for no apparent reason.
- Mysterious pop-up windows appear at strange times.
This is a book about computer security and privacy, written especially for the many people who, just like you, are taking advantage of all the Internet has to offer. It goes beyond the "beware the dangers of chat room" warnings you're already aware of and tells you not only how to protect your computer form the latest invasions of viruses, worms, and Trojans, but also how to fight back and actually do something about them.You Know You're Safe When...
- You know how anitvirus tools and firewalls actually workand how they can fail.
- You play online games without leaving your system open to attack.
- You can surf the Web and shop without leaving any traces to follow.
- You can clean viruses off a systemand even get paid for it!
Read a great review on About.com!
Parents with "computer active" teens: check out this review