This is one of the best books of the grace genre. Lindsey defines and explains many terms relating to redemption in an easy to understand manner, which helps put the whole picture together.
Table of Contents
1. How I Met "Grace"
2. What in the World Is Wrong with Man?
3. Barrier No. 1: God's Holy Character
4. Barrier No. 2: A Debt of Sin
5. Barrier No. 3: Slavery to Satan
6. Barrier No. 4: Spiritual Death
7. Why God Had to Become a Man
8. The Man that God Became
9. Propitiation: Why God Ain't Mad Anymore
10. Redemption: No Longer Slaves
11. Substitutionary Death
13. The Decision of Destiny
17. Regeneration: A New Birth
18. New Position: Creatures of Eternity Living in Time
Other books that helped me understand salvation and the finished work of Christ are: Grace Walk, Classic Christianity, Healing Grace, Lifetime Guarantee, The Search for Significance, and The Normal Christian Life. Add to this list a simple commentary of Romans and Galatians. Of course there are many more wonderful books on this subject but I think these are the easiest to assimilate.