A voice like Andrea Bocelli's only comes along every generation or so, (if that) Caruso, Lanza, Pavarotti and Now Bocelli; They are my big 4. Not only does Bocelli have wonderful opera skills, but also tremendous pop singing skills, as well. As for classical singing; Bocelli's breath control is amazing; no one holds high, mid, and low notes (sang either intensely or softly) as long as Bocelli does. His diction is excellent; His tone is wonderful; His color is right in sink to the song being performed, dark or light, and all shads around those as needed. He has that tenor ring that can rise up over an orchestra, he sings just beautifully. As for his pop singing again it's spectacular; Bocelli can sing a pop song either in a classical way, or a bluesy way or almost anyway. He has tremendous versatility, I would rank him right at the top of pop singing for all time. Bocelli can sing big, bold, intense and beautiful, or can show us a soft side it seems like he is singing in one's ear, very sweetly and beautiful.
Amore: Is a CD (album) I have been Highly Anticipating; and it was worth the wait. Andrea burst on the scene (in the USA) with his fantastic recording ROMANZA, and So far on a few listens I would say this album AMORE ranks right up there with ROMANZA. Although I also Love Sogno, Andrea, and Cicli De Toscana (Bocelli's other pop CDs') as well. Bocelli's singing hear is Romantic, Passionate, and filled with Emotion and his voice will go right into your soul and provide you with delight. Bocelli has a certain vulnerability (for lake of a better word) in his voice (when he sings pop) that can fill you with peace. He is just amazing.
Amore is produced by David Foster along with co-producers Humberto Gatica and Tony Renis And the music hear is wonderful as well a stellar line up of the world's finest instrumentalists appear on Amore, Electric and acoustic guitarists, Dean Parks (Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, BB King) and Michael Landau (Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis); on Spanish guitars, mandolin, charango, bajo-sexto and vihuela Ramon Stagnaro (Luis Miguel, Alejandro Sanz, Enrique Iglesias); on bass Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Phil Collins); on drums Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Marcus Miller, David Sanborn); on piano and keyboards Randy Waldman (Barbara Streisand, Kenny G, George Benson); on percussion Paulinho Da Costa (Prince, Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock) and Rafaela Padilla (Gloria Estefan, Alejandro Sanz); on trumpet the acclaimed soloist Chris Botti as well as others.
1. Amapola - soft. sweet and romantic (well every song is romantic).
2. Besame Mucho (Latin American) Spanish guitar in Besame Mucho is fantastic, best version of Besame Mucho ever.
3. Les Feuilles Mortes (Autumn Leaves-French) WOW, beautiful, I may not like the french, sometimes, but there language is beautiful.
4. Mi Manchi (Italian)- featuring Kenny G - wonderful instrument to Voice trade off between Kenny G and Bocelli; a very sad and beautiful song.
5. Somos Novios (Spanish)(It's Impossible) - Duet with Christina Aguilera, impressive singing by Aguilera and fantastic harmony.
6. Solamente Una Vez (You Belong To My Heart-Latin American) nice guitar work, really every song is musically excellent. Like the self harmony.
7. Jurame (spanish)-faster paced love song.
8. Pero Te Extra No -Wow, Piano and Bocelli, Wow, did I say WOW, Just beautiful.
9. Canzoni Stonate - (Italian) Featuring Stevie Wonder on harmonica and vocals, nice harmonica work sounds great, also coo to hear Stevie singing in Italian.
10. L'Appuntamento (Italian) A HIT for sure.
11. Cuando Me Enamoro Quando M'Innamoro Quando M'Innamoro (A Man who needs Love) cool version.
12. Can't Help Falling In Love (English)- RECORDED Live At Lake Las Vegas IN DECEMBER 2005.
13. Because We Believe (Italian/English)-completely beautiful it will be a huge hit.
14. Ama Credi E Vai (Because We Believe-Italian version) -completely beautiful it will be a huge hit in both English and Italian.
EVERY SONG IS BEAUTIFUL; This is a MUST have, essential CD.