An Island of My Own Paperback – Mar 31 2008
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The novel contains rich language which is descriptive and full of imagery ... The characters are realistic for their ages and situations. They are believable, from Rowan who misses her parents and is concerned for their safety, to the twins, are always pulling pranks and playing games ... An Island of My Own, a reprint of the 1998 original, would be a great addition to a school, public or personal library. It would also be a great choice to read out loud for small groups, class or individuals. It would appeal to many readers in the intended age group. Highly Recommended." (Deborah Mervold CM Magazine)
Fifteen-year-old Rowan, the daughter of foreign correspondents in Africa, finds herself beached for a summer with her cousins near Tofino, British Columbia. Desperate for a summer project, she camps on a neighbouring island to monitor the progress of an endangered group of sea otters, further threatened by the development plans of a real estate agent trying to sell the property for tourism.
About the Author
Andrea Spalding lives on pender Island, British Columbia. She is the author of numerous award-winning children's books.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Mammals
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Marine Life
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Teens > Social Issues