An updated approach to reference frame analysis of electric machines and drive systems
Since the first edition of Analysis of Electric Machinery was published, the reference frame theory that was detailed in the book has become the universally accepted approach for the analysis of both electric machines and electric drive systems. Now in its second edition, Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems presents, in one resource, the application of this theory to the analysis, simulation, and design of the complete drive system including the machine, converter, and control.
Supplemented with more than 325 figures, this book also covers:
- Analysis of converters used in electric drive systems, as well as DC, induction, and brushless DC motor drives
- Detailed treatment of supervisory down to switch level converter controls
- Nonlinear average value modeling of converters and drive systems
- Operational impedances and reduced-order modeling
- Guidelines for computer simulation of machines and drive systems