- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Analyzing Business Data with Excel Paperback – Jan 13 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Forecasting, Statistics, and Data Management
About the Author
Gerald Knight has nearly 30 years experience in the computer industry as a developer, teacher, and consultant. During an over twenty-year career at FedEx, he was a project leader and system architect working on imaging and revenue control systems. He has specialized in Excel development for the last ten years. Now retired, he consults and occasionally writes in Memphis, Tennessee.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It's a small book. The text is a little terse, but that's ok. Screenshots are used sparingly.
If what you want is a feature by feature breakdown of Excel then this book isn't for you. But if what you have is some data that you need to crunch and you don't know much about Excel then check this book out.
I agree with the previous reviewer, other books come at Excel and similar applications with a feature by feature breakdown so that in usage YOU have to work backwards to figure out how to apply software features to your problem.
This book is organized by business problem and then proceeds to breakdown how your problem applies to the software solution. There is very useful code in some of the models, but nothing horribly difficult to implement.
Excellent addition to my reference library. I've truly never seen a business data analysis book as well put together as this and I've been searching for years. You will not be disappointed.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > New Business Enterprises
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Modelling & Simulation
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Personal Finance
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Spreadsheets
- Books > Computers & Technology > Project Management > PMP Exam
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Personal Finance
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Spreadsheets > Microsoft Excel
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems