Angel - Season 1 [Import]
|List Price:||CDN$ 82.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 30.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 52.99 (64%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
HIS TIME HAS COME . . . Now you can own the entire first season of ANGEL. All 22 classic episodes are available for the first time in this exclusive 6-disc collectors edition. From City of, In the Dark and I Will Remember You to Hero, Sanctuary and To Shanshu in L.A., these Season One episodes are a must for every Angel and Buffy fan.
He's hunky, he's brooding, he's a do-gooder, and he was Buffy's first boyfriend. Angel, the tortured vampire destined to walk the earth with a soul, got his own series after three seasons on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and did what any new star might do: he moved to L.A. (the City of Angels--get it?) and set up shop. Angel (co-created by Buffy mastermind Joss Whedon) finds the titular vampire (David Boreanaz) as a kind of supernatural private investigator, fighting evil one case at a time and, like his ex-girlfriend, keeping the world from getting destroyed by vengeful demons and such.
A darker, more film noir version of Buffy, Angel lacked the peppy humor that permeated Sunnydale but more than made up for it in its soul-wrenching gravitas, and it elevated Boreanaz to leading-man status, a role he filled out ably and then some. Initially, the stoic vampire was paired with Irish demon Doyle (the late Glenn Quinn) and fellow Sunnydale transplant Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter), but Angel finally found its footing when Doyle was dispatched (giving his powers of precognition to Cordelia) and replaced by Buffy alum Wesley (Alexis Denisof), a fallen watcher who, like his friends, was hoping for a new start in L.A. However, pesky law firm Wolfram and Hart (a front for the demon mafia, as it were) reared its ugly head and discovered Angel's presence, thus setting the stage for a battle of good and evil--and if you're a regular Joss Whedon fan, you know that it's a never-ending war.
This first season features guest appearances by various Buffy characters, including werewolf boy Oz (Seth Green), slayer Faith (Eliza Dushku), deliciously evil vamp Darla (Julie Benz), and Buffy herself (Sarah Michelle Gellar), all of whom helped get the show off and running in style. --Mark Englehart
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
To say this isn't as good as Buffy is kind of a cop-out, because there are some absolutely superb episodes here. In particular there is I Will Remember You, an absolutely heartbreaking episode in which Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Angel are reunited, but only for a day and of which only he will carry the memory. There's also In The Dark, the closest the show has got to something that's really disturbing, in a horrible torturer character. This episode also sees the crossover of Oz (Seth Green) and Spike (James Marsters), with probably just about the funniest speech that has ever come out of Spike's mouth starting the episode off. What will really get your attention though is the stunning, spectacular two-parter where we see Faith's (Eliza Dushku) return in Five By Five and Sanctuary. Both shows have always shown an amazing tenderness to this character that is practically abnormal among other series, with Faith being presented as a real person rather than your typical bad guy.Read more ›
This is continuation of Angel's history after he left Buffy at the end of the third season.He gets his own show and its great,its more than a spin off,its a great show on its own and even if i think it was cancelled a little early,after its fifth season.Angel(David Boreanaz) has now started his own buisness in LA and recruited Doyle(Glen Quinn,who died a few years ago RIP) and Cordelia(Charisma Carpenter) whom were both great choices.Doyle sacrifices himself to save the earth and so Wesley(Alexis Denisof)comes in as his replacement and does a great job at it but i think Doyle would have been a great character for next seasons as well.As little as it might seem compared to the huge cast in season 5,it works and the crew seems focused even in those early days to create a great show.Read more ›
- City Of... - This picks up where Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season Three leaves off with Angel coming to L.A. and meeting up with a half-human/half demon named Doyle and a familiar face in Cordellia Chase from BTVS.
- In the Dark - Excellent episode which continues the feud between Angel and former ally Spike! This also shows Angel out during the daytime for first time that I can recall!
- The Bachelor Party - This sees Doyle nearly get killed at the hands of his ex-wife's fiance!
- I Will Remember You (Guest Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar) - The most heartbreaking episode on either BTVS or Angel and a bittersweet chapter in the Buffy/Angel romance.
- Hero - The final appearance of Doyle. Ironically and tragically, the actor that played him died two years later from a drug overdose. RIP.
- Parting Gifts - Cordellia gets a new power while Wesley Wyndham-Price from BTVS shows up and joins the team after a brief encounter with Angel.
- Expecting - Cordy suddenly gets pregnant!
- The Prodigal - An old protege from the past returns to kill Angel.
- The Ring - Angel goes undercover into an illegal fight ring.
- Eternity - A struggling former child actor tries to seduce Angel into making her a vampire but instead unleashes Angelous!
- Five by Five - Rogue Slayer Faith is hired by Wolfrham & Hart to eliminate Angel.
- Sanctuary (Guest Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar) - Buffy hunts Faith to settle a score (see Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 4 for the reason)
These are the episodes that I have seen. But, I did enjoy them so I am certain that the others are of good quality as well.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
A fantastic season. I'd recommend this, even if this is all you got.
Season two is a real let-down, so if you like things being neat and tidy and consistent then don't... Read more
This is a great beginning to a first class show! Season one of ANGEL the series has far less story arcs than later seasons, and more character introduction, monster-of-the-week... Read morePublished on June 28 2004 by Michelle A. Cowart
I started off as a Angel fan before I got interested in Buffy and I have to say that Angel is so much better. Read morePublished on June 26 2004 by Mr. Bey
Okay so we all know that Angel was always going to have a hard job living up to the expectations set by Buffy, and okay so it isn't quite as good. Read morePublished on June 21 2004 by Denny Vu Quach
THis is a great series! Guest stars, hot guys, great acting. Great!Published on June 20 2004 by Laura Adams
I'm a huge Angel fan.I believe it to have surpassed Buffy later on.(Mostly because season seven of Buffy was mediocre).Anyway,Angel's first season is NOT GREAT. Read morePublished on June 15 2004 by Billy Bill
I used to make fun of my girlfriend for watching Buffy. Then she started watching Angel and I had to sit through a few episodes because she wouldn't change the channel. Read morePublished on June 10 2004 by Jeffery A. Zickgraf
I was a big Buffy fan, and still am, but when Angel (David Boreanaz) went to make his own series I followed. The first season, I think, has some of the best episodes. Read morePublished on June 5 2004 by Michael Valdivielso
Season one is in many opinions, the best season together with angels last season, season 5.
And it really is, it's a brilliant season, which was in the shadows of buffy. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Monsters & Mutants
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Television
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > TV Series By Letter > A > Angel