- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anglo-Saxon Crucifixion Iconography and the Art of the Monastic Revival Paperback – Jan 8 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book provides a major study of the drawings, paintings and carvings of the crucifixion from tenth- and eleventh-century England, placing these works of art within the context of the tenth-century monastic revival. The drawings and paintings of the crucifixion are discussed in relation to the literature, theology, liturgy and devotional practices of the late Anglo-Saxon period.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Themes
- Books > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Byzantine
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature