Anker Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports support data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps. (The actual transfer rate will depend on the capability of your device). Backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1.
- Solid port construction and industrial-grade material endure years of use. 7 blue LED indicators indicate the power and USB connection status.
- Power button for manual control. Built-in surge protection, a high-grade chipset and a 48W adapter guarantee stable operation.
- Plug-and-play. Supports hot swapping. No install driver needed.
- Package includes: Anker USB 3.0 7-port Hub, 4 ft 12V 3A power adapter, 3.3 ft USB 3.0 cable, user manual. Free lifetime technical support and 18-month manufacturer's warranty.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enough ports for your fleet of devices – all at superfast speeds. A hub that does its job well, and does more too.
SuperSpeed for 7.
Don't deny your devices access to SuperSpeed ports. With transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, set aside less time for syncing and more time for work. With 7 data terminals to choose from, forget about ever having to switch or unplug again.
Smart made easier.
7 separate LED indicators reveal each port's power and transfer status, keeping things visually under your control. And, with its no-brainer driver-free installation, plug-and-play and hot-swapping, actually using it really couldn't be easier.
A mainstay for the future.
Featuring a high-grade chipset and durable adapter, this hub ensures a stable power supply while you work. Get steady operation for years to come. Whether at home or in the office, add another do-without fixture to the company of your desk.
Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS
• Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 users should upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 or later to avoid unstable connections.
• This hub's firmware has been actively updated for Mac compatibility. For any Mac specific issues, apply the latest Apple updates. Please contact our customer support if any problems remain.
• This hub is not designed to serve as a standalone charger and will not charge an iPad tablet or any other device with non-standard charge requirements.
• 2.4Ghz wireless devices (keyboards, mice, etc.) may not work around USB 3.0 ports. Try using a USB 2.0 connection.
• Some USB 3.0 devices require a direct connection to host USB 3.0 ports.(eg: Superdrive and some WD hard drives)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I invested in a USB 3 card and things got immensely better. Then, Along came the Anker Hub and I was in a new world of convenience. Deframentation is done it times very close to being on my machine. As well, movie transfers between hard drives is a major workout for any system and now; I'm in tranfer heaven.
Thanks so very much to the Anker people for their innovative approach and a totally excellent final product. I recommend to all!
Most new computers feature a ton of USB ports as motherboard manufacturers are starting to realize that users need them on so many devices. Unfortunately trying to get to the back of your computer and plug in a USB cable in a poorly lighted area can be a problem. This product helps to eliminate that as you can put 7 USB super speed ports on top of your desk in easy reach so you can plug in your peripheral devices quickly.
The unit is packaged nicely and it is in a high gloss black plastic molded case. Each port has a blue LED so you can see that when the port is in use the blue LED is lit. The unit comes with a USB 3.0 connection cable that is 1 meter long (39.37 inches) and a power pack AC adapter. The adapter is rated at 12V output at 2 Amps DC. I plugged it into my computer and powered it on and it was set up by my Windows 7 Professional Operating System.
It is possible to power other devices using this hub, but you must have it attached to a computer USB port. I plugged in an iPad 3 which is a power hog, a Kindle Fire as well as two other devices and the unit was charging my tablets and the other devices were performing properly. The unit was plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my computer which uses military grade components and it worked fine.
The main advantage of USB 3.0 is the data transmission speed that is possible. USB 3.0 can transfer data at 5 Gbit/s (Super-Speed) versus, USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) at 480 Mbps and USB 1.Read more ›
I can't talk about the USB 3.0 aspect as my computer has a USB 2.0 connection. However, I wanted to make sure I had a USB 3 hub in case I upgraded the computer sometime soon. I see no reason yet to assume it won't be fine then.
The only downside I can think of is that there isn't a dedicated power port or two to plug in and charge up phones or tablets. So although that's missing, they will power up (even if a message pops up on your screen saying your device isn't being charged), it will just do it slowly.
Bottom line: I'm quite happy with my purchase and yes, I do recommend this USB hub.
MARCH 15 2015 UPDATE: Here we are at 6 months in, a new iMac computer that makes use of the USB 3.0 and still completely happy with the hub. Increasing the rating from four to five stars. Still wish there was a power port but not really finding the slightly slower charging much of an issue since my phone and iPad sit on it overnight and that seems plenty to top them up.
Although it feels like my hub-connected external drive is fast, especially compared to a firewire drive connected direct to the computer, I can't say with any certainty that this is really the case since I can't connect the firewire drive through the hub to see if its speed improves. So I'll just carry on being happy with the current speeds I get through the hub.Read more ›
I am using it on a Windows 8 laptop.
It currently is running 2 USB3 1tig 2.5" hard drive (not externally powered).
It also running 2 USB printers and a mouse driver.
It is the first USB Hub I have had that is able to run all the above from the provided power adapter.
I feel no heat from within the hub.
I highly recommend this device
Most recent customer reviews
Great little USB hub, my old one only worked with some devices, this one has worked with everything I plugged into it.Published 1 month ago by Sarne
I was concerned about if it can really charge my devices in reasonable time, but it works great. Have connected cell phone, external hard drive, never have a problem so far.Published 5 months ago by yi-kai shieh
Anker hub. Amazing. Enuff said. They make the best stuff around. I'd order again. Every product i've ordered from anker has been top notch. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mathew
It has worked perfectly for several months now and I am very happy with it!Published 6 months ago by IAN C CAMPBELL