Anne Frank Paperback – Mar 1 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From School Library Journal
Grade 3-4–Details of Anne Frank's life are augmented with fictionalized dialogue and descriptions written in novel format. Is this biography or historical fiction based on real events? It's impossible to tell. While easier to read than the original diary, the fabrication is bothersome, particularly for a historical figure so renowned for her own words. For a better, easier-to-read account of Anne Frank's life and tragic demise, Johanna Hurwitz's Anne Frank: Life in Hiding (Jewish Pubn. Society, 1988) or Rachel A. Koestler-Grack's The Story of Anne Frank (Chelsea House, 2003) are better choices.–Rita Soltan, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Jewish
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( F ) > Frank, Anne
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Historical
- Books > Children's Books > History > Europe
- Books > Children's Books > History > Holocaust
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12