Satisfy that sweet tooth -- some more!
You can never have too much of a good thing. Anna Olson brings you more of her favorite dessert recipes in Another Cup of Sugar. As she does in her popular program on Food Network Canada, Anna focuses her desserts around a theme ingredient. Each theme ingredient then features three recipes -- including one that's fast and easy to prepare and another that's perfect for entertaining.
Here is a small sampling of the themes and recipes from the Golden Brown chapter:
- Praline: Praline candy dreams, praline peach pie, praline candy dream sundae
- Toffee: Caramel toffee squares, mini toffee apples with maple walnut ice cream, chocolate toffee squares
- Cookies: Cookies 'n' cream brownies, amaretti and almond parfait, brownie sundae explosion
- Caramelized sugar: Peanut brittle, banana caramel cheesecake, chocolate dipped peanut brittle
- Golden raisins: Golden raisin oat bars, raisin sugar pie, oat raisin cobblers.
Consistent with Anna's style, all recipes are easy to follow with ingredients that are readily available.