- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Apache 2 Pocket Reference: For Apache Programmers & Administrators Paperback – Oct 17 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Andrew Ford is an author and consulting computer programmer who has been involved with the Web since its early days. His book Spinning the Web was the first on publishing with the Web. He also maintains a collection of quick reference cards at http://refcards.com.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Over the years, I have bought several books about Apache. They tend to get read once and then left to gather dust on the bookshelf. I never really need an in-depth knowledge of Apache, but I often need to know all about the one feature that I need to solve my current problem. Usually this involves a lot of Googling, but now I think I'll have this book on my desk and it will safe me a lot of time.
This book does exactly what the title implies. It is a complete (but concise) reference to Apace. In particular, most of the book is taken up with descriptions of Apache's myriad configuration options. This material all uses a standard layout which makes it easy to find and understand exactly the information that you need. One particularly nice touch is a key at the top of each entry telling you which contexts a configuration option can be used in. Never again will I have an excuse for putting an option in a .htaccess file when it only works in a direcotry context.
There is a lot of information packed into this small book. No space is wasted cramming the data in. But it's not too dense to be unusable. The information is always clear and easy to follow.
If you're a part-time Apache webmaster like me, then I think you'll find this book very useful.
A lot of bang for the buck.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages