More than 50 percent of all web servers are running on "free" Apache software. The software is very good, and this is exactly the type of book users will need after they have downloaded it and are starting to try to set up their servers. An advanced beginner can use this book and the Apache software to get a server up very quickly. The CD-ROM offers plenty of tools and accessories.
Copyright 1998 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"Kabir has done it again! The Apache Server 2 Bible is an invaluable reference for both beginning and experienced administrators." --Elizabeth Zinkann, Sys Admin Magazine Contributing Editor and Review Columnist
* Configure Apache Server for a Linux/Unix or Win32 system
* Leverage Apache using SSI, CGI, PHP, Perl, and Java servlets
* Secure your site using SSL, certificate-signing services, and other tools
If Apache Server 2 can do it, you can do it too . . . Updated for the latest Apache release and packed with real-world examples, this all-in-one reference shows you step by step how to take full advantage of Apache Server - and create a Web site that's fast, secure, and easy to maintain. Bestselling author Mohammed Kabir offers complete guidance on every detail of Apache implementation, from installation and configuration to Web site administration, server-side applications, security, and performance tuning. Whether you're a novice Web administrator or an Apache veteran, this is the only book you need to harness the power of the world's leading Web server.
Inside, You'll Find Complete Coverage of Apache Server 2
* Master source compilation and binary installation
* Customize Apache to match your system
* Create and manage virtual Web sites with Apache
* Monitor server performance with a log analyzer package
* Set up an Apache-based proxy server
* Create a Web cycle involving development, testing, and production systems
* Turbocharge Web interactivity with FastCGI, PHP, Perl, and Java servlets
* Secure Apache with Apache SSL and your own Certificate Authority
* Configure Apache for Win32 systems
* Create a high-availability Web network using Apache
* Apache Web Server
* PHP, Perl, mod_ perl, MySQL, and other open source tools for dynamic Web pages
* OpenSSL and ApacheSSL security software
* Plus all sample code from the book and more --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.