- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Apple Pro Training Series: Sound Editing in Final Cut Studio Paperback – Sep 4 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Audio producer Jeff Sobel is your guide to the only professional audio post-production application designed specifically for the Final Cut editor: Soundtrack Pro 3. Working seamlessly between Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro, you'll master audio restoration and clean-up, build and edit multitrack projects, record and edit voice-overs and narration, and experiment with advanced mixing and effects.
Using footage from the hit TNT show Leverage and the gorgeous HD documentary OneSixRight, this step-by-step, Apple-certified guide starts with sound editing and mixing basics in Final Cut Pro, and moves on to the fine points of fixing audio files, working with the frequency spectrum, recording and editing dialogue, and spotting sound effects in Soundtrack Pro. Finally, you'll score a sophisticated multitrack montage sequence, and mix and conform it to professional standards. Whether you're a seasoned editor or just getting started, this book shows you how to use Final Cut Studio as an integrated package to produce superb audio and sound design.
- DVD-ROM includes lesson and media files
- Focused lessons take you step by step through real-world projects
- Accessible writing style puts expert instructors at your side
- Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast
- Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
- Chapter review questions summarize what you've learned and help you prepare for the Apple Pro certification exam
About the Author
Jeff Sobel is a veteran sound engineer and video producer. He has produced numerous albums for indie artists in a variety of genres and handled audio postproduction for feature-length films. As the chief engineer of the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, Jeff designed the bus studios and continues to be responsible for its technical direction. An Apple Certified Trainer, Jeff has taught Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, and Digidesign Pro Tools. He is currently a freelance audio/ video producer, consultant, and educator living in Los Angeles.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Apple > Final Cut
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science