- Browse our toys, games & collectibles to save 33% on this item. Here's how: buy two more items at regular price, and we'll take 33% off this one! Only applies to items sold by The Digital Vault. Enter code SAVECASH at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Apple iPad 16GB Tablet WiFi
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology. 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi). 16GB flash drive with 1Ghz Apple A4 custom-designed system on a chip. Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology. Box Contents:iPad Dock Connector to USB Cable 10W USB Power Adapter Documentation.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
They aren't THAT rare to condone the nearly $500 markup. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!
This iPad Mini is not quite the most recent model (it’s been upgraded to the "iPad Mini 2 and from October 2014 the iPad Mini 3"), but it’s still an incredibly beautiful device. Oddly enough, it’s so beautifully easy to use (my one year old daughter loves playing with it), it’s almost doesn’t feel like a computer at all.
I bought one for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. We sold the previous Android tablet as it just sat in a drawer not being used.
A word of warning - this review is written for people who’ve never owned an iPad before - and are wondering what all the fuss is about. Don’t read this if you already own an iPad or Mini and are thinking about an upgrade - I’d recommend you simply buy a mini with Retina or an iPad Air.
Just what’s all the fuss about?
I used to own a laptop for work, and (very occasionally), it’d sit on my lap on the sofa, and I’d use it for pleasure (eMail, watching films or playing the odd game). Then I bought my first iPad, and the laptop became redundant, a boring “work device”. Hard to explain, but the fact the iPad is so small and light, and you navigate around with your finger by pointing and gently swiping the screen makes the whole experience a lot easier - a lot more fun.
Even my most “luddite” of friends have been won over.
It’s incredibly simple and easy to use (it only has one main button), and everyone from my one year old daughter to my 85 year old dad have taken to without problems. It’s size and shape also support using it like a book (literally to read a book or web page), but you can also watch TV and films.Read more ›
The main advantages from my point of view:
- Screen size. As big as a piece of paper--not cramped like my iPhone screen.
- Weight. Just like a legal pad with a cover. Maybe just a little heavier.
- Keyboard. Big enough to type with two hands. Two fingers, in my case, but still...
- Apps. All iPhone's supported, with 2x mode for those that don't adapt to the big screen.
- Convenience. Type notes, documents, dissertations anywhere without setting up a laptop.
- Newspapers. I didn't think that screen size mattered for news apps, but it does somehow.
- Web browsing. As good as a desktop; better than iPhone special interface apps.
- Pictures and movies. Wow!
The minor disadvantages:
- The size. No complaints, but it is less convenient to carry than my iPhone. Well, of course it is.
- No split screen. I really would like to have two apps side-by-side.
- Not a laptop replacement. This is fine--but don't kid yourself. Keep your laptop.
- Not an iPhone replacement. Not small or convenient enough. Also no phone.
- Too shareable. Unlike an iPhone, which is clearly personal, people feel free to borrow it. Grrr!
- Too pricey.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Go to an Apple store before buying Ipad 2...I just got one for $479.00 16 GB the regular price is "always" $519.00Published on Dec 2 2011 by zapzam
Lower your price its only ipad 1 , I could get an ipad 2 at that price , do you want to sell your product or what?Published on Sept. 16 2011 by Surprised Buyer
Lets leave the price out of it for a second and rate it on what it is...A fun and practical toy.
I love it and I hate all apple products...I make an exception on this. Read more
All listings are ripoffs. No way this product should be listed at such high prices. Same product can be found 2-3 hundred less in most electronic stores. Read morePublished on June 18 2011 by Jay
With the recent iPad 2 out ...why would anyone consider buying the original at such a high price. We just picked up an iPad for $389 from Future Shop. Read morePublished on March 29 2011 by Andy & Bren
you would have to be out of your mind vto buy this product at this price,549.00 delivered to your door in four days from apple.Some people must think everyone is a sucker...Published on Jan. 22 2011 by Thomas Charles Jensen