- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Applied Thermodynamics for Engineering Technologists (5th Edition) Paperback – Feb 29 1996
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Applied Thermodynamics for Engineering Technologists provides a complete introduction to the principles of thermodynamics for degree level students on courses in mechanical, aeronautical, chemical, environmental and energy engineering and engineering science courses.
The fifth edition of this classic text for applied courses has been completely revised and updated to take account of modern teaching methods and perspectives, with the emphasis placed on the application of theory to real processes and plant.
New for this edition is a section on energy recovery, including pinch technology and a discussion of the thinning of the ozone layer due to the use of CFCs. Examples and problems using the refrigerant 134A replace the previous references to CFC R12.
In addition, the discussion of energy sources, their uses and management, has been expanded and improved and there is now extensive coverage of the combined heat and power section. The material on turbines, compressors, nozzles and propulsion is presented in a more logical sequence but retains important information on the differences between gas and steam turbines. Finally the section on refrigeration gives more prominence to the heat pump and vapour absorption plant.
About the Author
T.D. Eastop's Affiliation: Formerly of the Polytechnic of Wolverhampton A. Mcconkey's Affiliation: Formerly Dundee College of Technology
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There is a solution manual available as well, with each problem solved in detail.
I didn't buy on Amazon, but used this as a textbook for four years.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Overall a terrible book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Oil & Energy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Advanced Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Thermodynamics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy > Heat Engineering & Transfer
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Thermodynamics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Dynamics > Thermodynamics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mechanics