Maintaining a balance between theoretical analysis and practical experience with co-authors from academia and industry, this new edition is significantly revised and expanded with new material. Features include;
• Two brand new chapters on seals and bearing failure modes and bearing health monitoring techniques
• Coverage of new developments in full-film, dry, and partial lubrication; gas bearings; and ball and roller bearings
• Design guides based on full Reynolds equation that enable accurate prediction of load capacity, power loss, temperature rise
• Comprehensive presentation of important design factors involving material and lubricants.
• State-of-the-art presentation and up-to-date references of pertinent scientific and applied topics in tribology
• Numerous examples that reinforce the understanding of concepts and provide procedures for the design and performance analysis of components
Applied Tribology, 2nd edition provides a valuable and authoritative resource for mechanical engineering professionals working in a wide range of industries with machinery including turbines, compressors, motors, electrical appliances & electronic components. Senior and graduate students in mechanical engineering will also find it a useful text and reference.