- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Argument and Authority in Early Modern England: The Presupposition of Oaths and Offices Hardcover – Apr 17 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Conal Condren offers a radical reappraisal of the character of moral and political theory in early modern England through an exploration of pervasive and fundamental arguments about office. This focus questions almost all received notions, and establishes a new and original agenda for the study of early modern political thought.
About the Author
Conal Condren is Scientia Professor in Politics and International Relations at the University of New South Wales.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Institutions
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Government
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History