- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Around the World With Nephrology: An Autobiography Hardcover – Mar 15 2012
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
By D. Schatell - Published on Amazon.com
Books can take us to different worlds and different lives, and Dr. Twardowski's life is a truly fascinating place to visit! Dr. T. has left his mark on the field in numerous ways, and chronicles his experiences from conjuring up dialyzer membranes made of cellophane in the mid 1960s (before manufacturers were even capable of producing it) to his work on the Aksys PHD machine for daily home hemodialysis--with lots of fascinating meandering in between for Swan neck and presternal peritoneal dialysis catheters, Buttonhole cannulation (a happy accident), and much more. What brings these stories to life are case histories and personal details about Dr. T's life--things like camping in Edinburgh, waiting in long lines to buy meat and scrambling to find toilet paper in communist Poland, fixing recalcitrant automobiles, and extensive travels around the world. Drawings, charts, and lots of black and white and color photos are sprinkled throughout, and a detailed index is provided. I really enjoyed this book, and highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the history of nephrology!
By Todd S. Ing, MD - Published on Amazon.com
Dr. Zbylut Twardowski's autobiography is a most fascinating book that is great fun to read. The book traces the exciting life of one of the towering giants of modern nephrology. The hardships, the struggles, the never-say-die spirit, the thinking outside-the-box philosophy, the exemplary inventions, the triumphs and the accolades are all chronicled. The author's stellar success as an eminent clinician, scholar and scientist,should inspire us to follow his example and to strive for excellence. I strongly recommend this most outstanding and interesting book, a book that describes some one who has left foot prints behind on the sands of time. Todd S. Ing, MD.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > Europe > Poland
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Histology
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Nephrology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Histology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Nephrology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Histology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Nephrology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Special Topics > History